I was famous. Practically considered a national treasure. In a country that was set on hating her. Even hiding in Canada would not help us. The Japanese tabloids would not have a field day, they would have field months. The attention on us would be insane, the number of stalkers would spike, and there would be nowhere to hide.
And as much as I hated keeping my relationship with Tamiko secret, I would happily spend the rest of my life on a deserted island just with Sophie and Aki.
But that was not an option.
All I could do now was to wait until her feelings would grow, be around her as much as possible until she would, hopefully, not want to be without me. Until she would love me enough that even the idea of going through several months of media attention and increased security would be worth it.
To prove to her that I am worth it. That I can make her happy. Even if it meant telling her how much I love her in Korean or listening to her words of denial that we are just friends and nothing more.
No matter how much hearing that was killing me inside, it was worth every second I could spend around her and Aki.

Because I needed her, once the confrontation would come, to choose me. To fight for what we could have instead of running away from it to the safety of her anonymity.

I knew I was asking for way too much, but I wanted her so bad. I needed her in my life. I craved her presence next to me.
I loved her.
I loved Aki.
I loved them.
And I loved myself when I was around them.

"Sophie?" I whispered, moving my hand up to her neck and into her hair. She only tightened her embrace on me but didn't say anything and I smiled over the small battle she was now fighting with her sleepiness.

"Sophie-chan?"

"Hmm" she mumbled and stirred, her hands lazily stroking my back.

"Would you be willing to wake up?"

"Mmm," she hummed in annoyance and I was grateful for the tiredness that prevented her from possibly punching me, "why?"

I didn't answer, letting her figure it out on her own while my hand slid back on her chest but this time going shamelessly over her breast.

"Seriously, Yuzu?"

"Uhm."

I continued to pay attention to my hand, playing around with the part of her amazing body that was almost as enticing as her bottom.
Almost.

A moment later quiet hum escaped her and I smiled, knowing that I have won, wishing it would be that easy to make her act on her feelings as it was to make her act on the attraction she had towards me.
Unlike me, she kept those two things completely separate.

I moved the duvet away to see her fully, my gaze immediately falling to her fluttering stomach and the long stripes of light going over it through the curtains.

"What are you looking at?" she mumbled and I climbed on top of her, my eyes still cruising over her body.

"I am looking at the sun."

"It's outside."

"I am looking at how the sun looks on you."

She laughed and I finally raised my head, locking my eyes with hers. Kind, soft, and all mine; all of that mixed in that deep green look of hers.

"What was it again that you said last night?" she asked and I momentarily frowned before realizing what she meant and a wide smile spread across my face.

"Saranghae," I whispered, watching her eyes filling with playfulness.

"And what does it mean again?"

I laughed, leaning down and giving her a quick peck before lifting myself again to her gaze.