15 - Christmas 🎄

The reason you think I left Tamiko for.

The reason YOU think I left Tamiko for...

Sophie rolled on the other side of the bed, wrapping herself tightly in the duvet and trying to get the whole monologue Yuzuru gave her that day from her head to get some sleep. She kept replaying that one specific sentence over and over again as it was a clear confirmation from him that the inability to have kids would not have been the main reason. But didn't she already know that anyway? He seemed the angriest about the fact that Tamiko knew it before the marriage too and was lying to him. But if that was the main reason, it was still no good to her. Because after almost four years of relationship he would not be able to understand why Tamiko was afraid to tell him and forgive her, trying to find a solution together.

Would I be able to be friends with someone who did something so cold-hearted?

After all, it would not be a relationship anyway, and being friends again would make things so much easier....

Or maybe, unlike Yuzu, do I just forgive people way too easily?

She tossed herself around once more, this time at least trying to redirect her thoughts to Lewis. She had so much fun with him that day but of course, once they returned to the rink, he was already gone. He did text her that he had fun but that obviously she has some unresolved things with Yuzuru and he would not want to get in the middle of it, but as long as she would like, he would be happy to see her again.
And she would like that very much, but no matter how hard she tried to think of him, it was still only Yuzuru who was on her mind.
Why him? Lewis was nice and funny and easy-going. Just that, all clear and simple.
Yuzuru was just next-level batshit crazy. Bi-polar....no, tri-polar...quad-polar(?) crazy. She could never guess with him if that day he will be his nice, kind, and polite self, or the closed-off, barely talking one, the angry one who just throws accusations all around, the funny one, or the damn attractive, confident, seductive one.
She giggled a little, thinking that he is actually behaving as his various skating programs.
Sometimes being the Yuzuru from Blinding Lights that made her just block out all of her concerns and throw herself at him even if it would be just for one night of fun.
And another time the arrogant, hard to approach Seimei version of him. Or like today, the rarest one, where he actually did choose to be vulnerable around her, just like his Requiem gala program.

Lewis.

Lewis.

Think of Lewis for fuck sake!!

What should I get Yuzu for Christmas, though?

Oh, shit! Christmas was already in two weeks and knowing nothing about him would make buying a gift really hard.

Really, really hard.

__________________

"Good morning, Aki!" Sophie said with a wide smile the moment Akira appeared in the kitchen, but instead of an answer, he just stood there, switching from looking at her and at his watch.

"What's going on?" He asked nervously, looking around for some clues but only getting more confused seeing all of his favorite breakfast dishes on the kitchen counter. "It is Sunday, right? Not Monday?"

"Not Monday."

"So why are you up? You should be still asleep for at least two more hours." He cautiously approached the counter, looking at the food as if to check if it's real, poking into it with his index finger.

"Don't touch the food like that!" Sophie slapped his finger and he quickly retracted his hand. "I just thought I would get up earlier and make a nice breakfast, that's all."

She kept smiling but Akira suddenly gasped in horror and ran into the living. "You broke the PlayStation, didn't you?!!!" He yelled while running and collapsed on the floor in front of the TV, quickly turning the console on to make sure it's okay.