14 - Three Suitors

A/N: Hi peeps! I know there are quite a few new OCs in the past chapters, so I am trying to slowly introduce them to you through dialogues, etc. so you can get to know them better one by one rather than just dumping all of them on you at once. And of course, this is a yuzufic, so the focus will be always on Yuzu/Sophie and the other ones will stay as sidekicks.

That said, there is a new one coming in this chapter and it is actually another real figure skater - Lewis Gibson from ice dance pairs. I know absolutely nothing about him, honestly only googled dance pairs and looked for a guy that seemed handsome to me :))))
So this is just a warning that if you do know him, I will not be sticking to anything "real" from his life or career. Anything upcoming about him will be made up! And if you also are not familiar with him, I am linking above a video of his skate where he looks exceptionally good.

Also here is a little overview of the OCs and what you currently know about them:

Nari: Leading lady in Singles, possibly about to retire after the Olympics, ambitious af and after Yuzu. Represents South Korea
Tyler: Men Singles, recently placing below the podium, with a quite negative mindset about things. Represents Canada
Peter: Rising star of Men Singles, US hope to replace Nathan after retirement, personality not yet shown. Represents USA
Dance pair skate couple: Darya and Roman one of the top ice dance skaters, personality not yet shown.
(Their names are a little nod towards the yuzufic "Mint" by @allthingsxskating - go check it out!)
Lewis Gibson: Retired from the competitive scene, Choreographer of the pair above, and Nari's short program. 

_____________

Akira was sitting on his bed with all the au pair applications in front of him and was absolutely torn. Many of them seemed great, but there was one that was standing out to him but the problem was that he was a guy. And when he sent his application to Yuki to ask what she thinks of him, her first point was that he was handsome. And since Yuki was not interested in Yuzu just like Sophie wasn't as well, he was now worried that Sophie will find this guy handsome too.
And that would be no good.
He quietly growled, suddenly not liking the task his mum gave him at all.

Ever since he told her how awesome she is and apologized for treating her so coldly she was back to her happy self but still no sign of interest in Yuzu. When he gave her his apology she just said a quiet 'hmm' and nothing more and he was sure she did almost rolled her eyes as well. Almost as if she would actually dislike him, though that was obviously a silly notion since Yuzu was absolutely awesome.
But maybe there really was no chance those two would find a liking in each other and it would be a shame to then not pick this cool guy as his au pair just from the worry that Sophie might like him.
Akira growled once more and buried his head into the bed, right on top of the application.
He was so happy when Sophie told him she trusts him with picking up the au pair himself, narrowing it down to ten folders which she handed him to make the final decision. But now it was a task of torture.

There was a soft knock on the door and when he lifted his head the application was stuck to his forehead.

"Interesting way of how to make a choice," Sophie said with a smile and sat down on his bed, peeling the paper off of his forehead. "I might give it a try myself sometime." She scanned the paper and handed it back to him.
"So did this Elliot guy win? I really liked him too."

"Can you please give me one week?"

"Why a full week?"

"Next week, Sunday this time. I shall give you my answer." He said resolutely and Sophie raised an eyebrow, already looking suspicious that he is planning something.

How does she do it?!

"Alright, next week this time I will come for your answer, sir Aki." She nodded and got up, bending over and sliding her hand under the bed.