21 - The Big Surprise

Sophie felt like having a shard of glass wedged in her brain the whole morning. After Yuzuru's monologue, she didn't manage to fall asleep until early morning and everything he said was bugging her beyond belief. Especially the fact that he actually didn't say much. The only useful information she took from it was that Tamiko used to work at TCC. Everything else was old news to her.
In theory, she could have ask around about the former employee and find out a bit more but she would never break his privacy. She hated the fact that anyone could easily google private things about her and would not choose this path with him. Also, if it didn't come directly from the source, she would not believe those things anyway and so far the only direct source she had was what Tamiko. And so as he asked her last night, she chose to stay patient and wait for his version and decide based on that.
Secretly hoping he would spill the beans already the upcoming night if she manages to stay awake.

Sophie went to her study and grabbed her laptop, deciding to stay rather in the bedroom and work to avoid getting stuck again in the living room while they play their video games.
It didn't take long and Yuzuru came knocking on the door and once she called back to enter he sheepishly approached her with a small sheet of paper.

"What's that?" she asked curiously and extended her hand. He sat down next to her, eyeing the laptop screen but not seeing anything from his angle.

"Um," he scratched his head and handed her the paper, "I made some suggestions. Possible ways how you could bring Clara back."

"Oh, Thank you!" she said with a smile and crumpled up the paper, putting it on the edge of her laptop keyboard, and flicking it across the room.

Yuzuru sighed and got up, bringing the paper back and straightening it against his thigh when he sat back. He then cleared his throat and proceed to read the individual points.

"Option one; the High Priestess knows dark magic, Rockwell could convince her."

"No."

"Rockwell himself could start studying it so he could resurrect her."

"No."

"But that would be so romantic!"

Sophie growled and tried to reach for the paper but he dodged and sat further away from her, abusing the fact she wasn't very mobile in her current state.

"Option three; it could turn out that Clara is one of the Immortals and this being her first death and therefore taking her longer to come back."

"The first chapter starts with her funeral."

"You already have the first chapter done?!!!"

"So if she would be Immortal she would wake up in her coffin six feet under and keep suffocating and dying over and over again. Is that what you want for her?"

"Alright, let's scratch out the third point," he said but with no sign of giving up, "option four; you say the last chapter of the book was just a possible scenario and got published by mistake. Then you will re-write it like Rowling did for you and release a proper version."

"What I wrote and released is the proper version."

"Option five; she would go to the Afterlife but would be given a second chance by the Gods and they would send her back to help Rockwell finish his quest."

"No."

"Sophieeeee," he whined, clearly running out of points, "pleaseeee."

"Nope."

He ground his teeth for a moment, his jaw tense and then he slowly relaxed, faking a sweet smile.

"Well," he said and got up, opening a nightstand's drawer on the further side from her, "I will leave it here for now. For when you realize what mistake you did and you would like to re-visit my points."