23 - Love and Hate

When she was making it out of the shower, she was wondering if maybe Aki and Elliot are already back. She threw her pajamas on and came to the living room, trying to ignore the feeling of unease that was growing in her when she didn't see them there.

Stupid, stupid paranoia!

She rolled her eyes at her own foolishly dark thoughts that always took over anytime Akira was even remotely late. And so she plopped herself on the sofa, trying to at least behave like she is fine, and took out her phone, checking the tracking app that Akira had on his own phone.

"You okay, Sophie?" Yuzuru asked, putting down a book he was reading.

"Absolutely," she answered and growled right after, seeing Akira's phone is without a signal.

Thousand times I told him not to play the games on his phone when his battery is about to die! Always keep at least ten percent!

"I am sure he will be back any minute," he said and moved closer to her but Sophie ignored him and got up, dialing up the security guy.

Red winter jacket with large Pokeball on the back, black pants, black hat....

"Hey, Mike, how is---"

"They are just parking downstairs, Mrs. Watanabe," he interrupted her, getting straight to the point of what she wanted to know.

She sighed with relief, once more swearing at herself for panicking so easily.

"Thank you, I am sorry--"

"I have kids too, Mrs. Watanabe. I get it. There was a car accident and Elliot had to take a detour, so the drive took slightly long--- Oh,---"

"What?!!" she snapped and once more her mind jumped to all the things that sudden 'Oh' could mean.

"It just seems your son has fallen asleep in the car, Elliot is carrying him now to the elevator."

Once more she sighed with relief and thanked him before hanging up and going into the hallway. Then she turned around, not wanting Elliot to know he was being checked on, and went back to the living room.

"All good?"

"Yeah," she smiled at him, "they are just on the way up."

"Can I, um," he nervously ran his hands over his thighs, "meet that Elliot guy?"

"Sure," she answered, wondering why that would be something making him nervous, and turned to the sound of the door opening.

Elliot had Akira's legs wrapped around his waist and arms over his shoulders, grinning from ear to ear while her son's head lulled on his shoulder. He reminded her of Yuzuru with his lean body containing an unexpected amount of strength.

"Well, Mrs. S.," he said, "when I first met him I never thought I would be able to tire him down, but it seems hanging upside down for most of the afternoon does the trick."

She gave him an equally wide smile and led him to Akira's bedroom, letting him put him down on the bed.

"I will just change him to the pajamas, can you wait in the living room, please? I still want to discuss plans for tomorrow."

Elliot nodded and with a yawn turned around, leaving her alone. Sophie quickly changed Akira, giggling when he mumbled something about a Spiderman and gave him a soft peck on his forehead before tucking him in.

"So how did it go?" she asked Elliot when she made it back to the living room, confused why Yuzuru is grinning from ear to ear with some kind of weird satisfaction in his eyes.