24 - A New Friend

When Sophie cracked her eyes open, she was not surprised to see that Yuzuru is already awake, or hear Akira running around in the living room.
She was still lying over him, his warm body underneath her and equally warm duvet over her back, making her even more reluctant to move.

Why was he so goddamn comfortable to lie on?

She rubbed her eyes and yawned, hoping that at least her mind will wake up soon since her body was staying significantly behind. And then she noticed that even though he was emitting quite a heat from his torso, his fingers on her back were cold. And he smelled kind of different.

"Why are you sniffing me?" he asked with a chuckle and brushed the hair that was falling over her face away, "I thought you don't like my shower gel."

"There is something else on you though," she said and put her hand up, trying to touch his face and feeling he has cold cheeks, "and you are cold."

"I was out," he said and removed her hand from his face, keeping it in his and sliding it back under the warm duvet, "I stopped home to water the plants and to buy some things. Got back like fifteen minutes ago."

"Hmm," she frowned, "so you were moving me around again just several minutes ago and I still didn't wake up?"

"Yup."

"God," she removed her hand from his and rubbed her face, forcing herself to wake up more but still not willing to slide off of him, "so what did you buy?"

"Kale."

"Of course," she giggled and got worried for a moment if he convinces Akira sooner than she would like. On the other hand, if he would manage to manipulate her son with something like that, she would be quite sure he would also see through Akira's manipulations and not let him take the charge when alone.

She was silent for a moment before recalling something from last night that she wanted to say.

"Yuzu, about last night," she said with a less sleepy voice, and his body tensed up a little, "I said that the guy has some serious mental issues and you for some reason thought I meant you. I wanted to clarify that even though I made jokes about your therapist before, I am the last person who would take these things lightly. I have my own therapist too. And I also don't think you have any serious issues. I just think you have a problem talking about things and opening up to people."

"Sophie," he said her name with a sigh and started to stroke her back, "I completely overreacted last night, it was not your fault. You just have no idea how much I care about what you think of me," he said softly and continued after a brief moment, "Also, I don't have as big issues to open up as you think. You know that by now I actually do tell you things about me way more. I just don't want to talk about Tamiko. But it's not because it would be so hard, though it is, it's mostly because of the fact that I am scared she will find out when I tell you and will get back into my life with the breached NDA."

"When you tell me?!!" she gasped, the cogwheels in her brain slowly beginning to work, "not if?!!"

"Yes," he said with a somber tone to his voice, "when. Not if."

She happily wiggled, immediately regretting the move when the quad tear once more reminded itself, though she noted it wasn't as bad as the previous days.

"Well, Aki will be going to the movies---"

"It won't be today," he quickly interrupted, "it's New Year tomorrow and then I will be back at work. I want to use those days away from you to do some thinking, to figure it all out, and then I will tell you. Okay?"

"When will that be?"

"A week or two?"

As much as she wanted to know right there on the spot, having such a specific deadline was still an improvement she would not even dream of a few days ago. Finally feeling like all the effort she put in and staying patient started to pay off.
Not able to hide her giddiness, she buried her face in his chest and wiggled some more, making him chuckle again.