20 - Sweet Dreams

Sophie obeyed and stayed quiet for a while, just leafing through a magazine until Akira got bored with his meditation and went to his room to play some games on his laptop.
The second they heard the door close behind him, Yuzuru broke the silence.

"Will you apologize?"

"For what?"

"You told me to shut up."

"You told me the same," she said, leafing through the magazine, "we are even."

"You called me an idiot."

She smiled and casually flipped a page, "you behaved like one."

She heard him chuckle and was slightly relieved he didn't get offended even though she truly had no intentions of apologizing. He was behaving like a stubborn kid and she, therefore, behaved the same way, just as she would be dealing with Akira.
Yuzuru sat up and when she looked at him, any signs of humor were gone from his face.

"About the phone call---"

"I don't wanna talk about it," she answered right a way and he watched her for a brief moment before sighing and scooting closer.

"Let's fix the leg first, then."

"With what?"

"Rice."

"What?!" Sophie darted her head up and he stood up, giving her a soft smile.

"R.I.C.E." he spelled out, "Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate."

"Oh."

He asked her to scoot lower on the sofa and put two pillows under her leg, resting it against the table.

"That would help decrease the swelling, it needs to be above your heart so it can help moving the fluid from the injury."

"You had this before?"

"Thousand times," he nodded, "the first 72 hours are the most important ones. You should ideally not move at all. Do you have ibuprofen or aspirin? That would help with the inflammation."

She directed him where to find the first aid box and he came back, bringing back the whole thing together with a glass of water.

"I am impressed," he said as he sat down, checking the contents, "you have packs of KT Tapes and also the elastic bandage."

"Well, the bandage is for Aki, but the tapes really did wonders the last time."

"Glad to hear that," he said deep in thought, "the bandage will be needed only if it gets swollen but I will apply the tapes later on. Let's go with ice for now."

He left again and Sophie meanwhile reached for the painkillers, downing two with a glass of water just as he came back with a pack of frozen vegetables. He wrapped it in a kitchen towel and hand it to her to put it on the injured area.

"Thanks."

"Am I not an idiot anymore?"

"Not now."

He chuckled again and sat down next to her, reaching for the TV controller.

"Wait, please," she stopped his hand not to turn on the TV, "I need to make some phone calls first and will order some food delivery."

"Um, would you like me to leave for the phone calls?"

She gave him an apologetic look and nodded.

"No worries, Sophie," he stood up to leave, receiving a mild hit from a pillow into his back.

_______________

They spent the afternoon playing the Loki's Origin game on Xbox, Sophie being pulled into it against her own will since she could not leave her spot that easily. She did try to read as well, but they were both too loud for her to concentrate and she was pretty sure that Yuzuru's loudness was on purpose. He was glancing at her by the corner of his eye, switching between amusement and concern.
She did not feel like talking about the elephant in the room with him and since Akira was there with them the whole time, Yuzuru did not attempt to ask anymore.
To Akira's delight, they ate dinner in the living room, and to Sophie's delight, he took over the role of the main nurse in the household and was running around the whole afternoon and evening, bringing her whatever she wanted.