26 - 1st Day of School

"MUUM!!!"

"WHAT?!"

"Where is my Pokemon hoodie!!!!"

"In the dryer!!"

"And my black jeans?!!"

"In the closet!!"

"And----"

"AKI!!" Sophie yelled back and wobbled into the living room, "stop running around! Everything is ready, just calm the fuck down!"

"How can I calm down," he called back from the laundry room, "when it's my first day of school that literally determines my future for several years to come!!!!"

Sophie let out a heavy sigh and fell down on the sofa, massaging her temples, "can you at least freak out quietly, please?"

"What did you say?!!!" he yelled from his room now, "I can't hear you!!"

"Nothing," she whispered to herself, "I said nothing."

Five minutes later he ran up to her in his red hoodie over which he had his red winter jacket and with a black and red backpack over his shoulder.

At least I don't have to worry you would get hit by a car. Unless the driver is blind.

She thought and they made their way out of the flat, down the elevator, and entering the building garages where a driver was already waiting for them since Sophie could not drive yet with her injured leg though did not use Yuzuru's clutches anymore.

"And don't forget," she said as they walked towards the car, "that I have the meeting so Elliot will pick you up after the afternoon practice and drive you home."

"I know," he answered with an eye-roll, "you don't forget to put him on the list at TCC."

"I---"

"And don't forget to change the key-code for our flat---"

"I---"

"And don't forget that today you need to pick me up at 3 pm since I have the new jump class with Yuzu."

"I---"

"And don't forget that tomorrow I will have a normal morning session, so no more sleeping in!" he raised his finger, "we need to be at the rink at 6:30, got it?!!"

"Aki!" Sophie cried out and stopped in her tracks, "I am the parent here! Elliot is already on the list, new code is 1421, I will, of course, pick you up on time today and be also on time tomorrow morning!"

"You are never on time," he muttered and sped up to the car before she could catch up with him and give him an earful.

________________

Akira was eyeing the driver from the back seat and wondered how could that guy make it as a professional driver if he drove so slow. He was switching between staring at the back of his head and his own watch, seeing that they are on time but they could be on time....more.

"We are on time, Aki," his mum said as if she could read his mind, "stop freaking out."

"I wish," he said crossing his arms, "you would be taking the gravity of the situation with more seriousness."

"And I wish----"

"WE ARE HERE!!" Akira shouted and pressed his palm against the window, staring at the large building the driver was now parking in front of.

It was beautiful. Majestic. Crowded with kids and teens. Would all of them fit into his birthday party? He was not sure, but he wasn't one to back off from dreaming big. He jumped out of the car and strode towards the building, ignoring his mum shouting after him to slow down so she could catch up.
He stopped at the large double-door and watched her limping up the stairs and visibly grunting her teeth. He took a deep breath, trying to calm down his fast heartbeat but ended up just jumping on the spot until his mum made it all the way up to him.