27 - Mr. Right

The only positive thing Sophie could find in the first week of the new year was that her leg was getting better and better every day. But her schedule was now so busy with all the things she postponed over the Christmas break that she wished she lived in the future and could clone herself to manage it all.
At least her assistant seemed to be getting back on track with his responsibilities and most of all Akira did like it in his new school, constantly blabbering about all the kids he befriended. She did wonder though after the first weekend of homeschooling him in History and English if it's not too much for him. Because not even all the blabbering could hide that he seemed quite tired anytime she picked him up from school, his usual spark missing in his eyes.
She was just about to reconsider her decision about the new schedule when he landed the triple Toe Loop the following Monday and seeing the joy in his eyes she chose to leave it in his and Yuzuru's hands for a while longer.

At least one worry that she could tick off her list was that even the children in Canada were into Pokemons. It was a big thing in Japan but she doubted it would be the same here but when she asked her son, he confirmed that several kids in his class are into it too and even started to take some of his less-valued card binders with him to school for trading.
Yuzuru seemed equally busy and though the thought of him finally telling her everything was constantly on her mind she didn't bring up the topic in their short conversations, leaving it to one of the weekends when things settle down.

She expected Yuzuru to have the same approach since he was the one trying to constantly avoid the talk so when on Wednesday he asked her for a moment of her time, she could not hide her eager expectations.
The kid's class was just wrapping up, the Wednesday ones being just the novice without the class of the little ones, the other half of the rink being used for the public, and walk-ins who just wanted to give skating a try.
They were all now clearing the ice and Yuzuru pulled her aside not to get bumped into by the various adults who were leaving annoyed that even ten-year-olds skate better than them.

"Could we talk for a moment, please?" he asked and kept looking around.

"Sure," she immediately nodded and he led the way to one of the further meeting rooms.

Sophie appreciated that this one was much larger than the one he pulled her into before and when they got in, he asked her to sit down with a serious expression.

"You sure you wanna do it here, Yuzu?" she asked as she took her seat next to him, "I thought you could come over next weekend or so----"

"Do what?"

"Tell me about ... you know...."

"Oh," he gave her a weak smile and shook his head, "it's not that, Sophie-chan. But I am not surprised you can't get it out of your head."

"Oh," she let out in disappointment and nodded to prompt him to start talking.

"Well, the thing is," he said, "the Japanese media is again preparing some interviews with me to know my plans for the new year and the Olympic season of my skaters."

She frowned hearing the mention of Japanese media but nodded for him to continue.

"And I guess it's not a surprise they found out I took a novice under my wings," he elaborated but quickly added, "They have no idea, yet, about you or Aki's dad and they would simply like to interview him."

"Shit," she said and leaned back into her chair, "well, they will find out sooner or later. I just hoped it would be the latter option."

"Yeah," he leaned back as well and watched her carefully, "I am surprised myself how quickly the news spread since TCC didn't do any announcement and nobody usually follows novices."

"So, what do you think?" she asked and watched as his eyes widened in surprise, "What should we do?"

Sophie already counted with this scenario, but remembering how much Yuzuru cared that she asked him about his advice before, she decided to let him have this one as well.