"So what that poor girl asked you?" Empress Vivianne spoke with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

"At first she asked to stop the war then she asked me to investigate since someone might be scheming to frame her father," I told the truth to the Empress. Empress Vivianne only looked sympathetically.

"Looks like the riot got more chaotic." The Empress gently sighed as she sipped the tea and I only hummed in agreement.

"You know you will be facing a more difficult choice like this once you'll become the Empress." Empress Vivianne continued.

Well, I'm glad that Kai isn't the first person in line for the throne. Wait a minute.

"Why so? I don't want to make you upset but currently, I don't want to become the Empress." I truthfully told her but the Empress grinned.

"Aww too bad, the Naulorian throne can be passed to those who are married."

Is this her way of telling me that I should be prepared to take on such an important role?

I could only take a sip from the strawberry-flavored tea.

"Oh, I noticed that you are making remarkable progress. the academic community accepted your work and people had positive opinions about you during the state banquet." Empress Vivianne decided to change the topic and praise me.

The Empress was right, people were praising me for the research paper I've made and also Naulorians loved to see me in the traditional outfit during the state banquet.

Looking at my popularity in Nauloria and looking at my fans even I get surprised by the effect I give off. Though I still should remember that they might treat me differently after 10 years.

Surprisingly enough, recently there weren't rumors nor talks about Violet Degrove as she disappeared from the face of the earth. I wonder why she suddenly decided to back down?

After tea, the Empress asked to check up on Crown Prince Adrian and tell him that his mother wants to talk about something.

For some reason there was no staff near the crown prince's chamber so unfortunately, I couldn't delegate the task.

I knocked on the door of his chamber and then entered the room. Unfortunately, Prince Adrian was after the shower and he was half-naked so to my embarrassment I had to hurriedly close the door.

A few minutes later Prince Adrian opened the door and asked.

"Is there something you needed, my sister-in-law?" Prince Adrian asked politely without mentioning what happened previously.

"The Empress wishes to see you," I told him while I was also trying to forget what had happened recently. Then Prince Adrian sighed and walked along with me.

"Next time, please don't enter my room." Prince Adrian politely warned.

"Is it because of what happened earlier?" I asked but Adrian just shook his head.

"No, since I don't have a companion, I give off pheromones to attract a companion if you enter the room you can easi-." I decided to interrupt Prince Adrian since I understood his point.

My step-grandmother told me that the more a siren stays single the easier for sirens to attract the soulmate.

"So unless you don't want to become the crown princess, then you should avoid my room." I can only lightly scoff.

"Where did you both get such a weird sense of humor?" I quietly muttered and Prince Adrian could only chuckle.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed reading Chapter 34 ! ^-^

 As it mentioned before in the book that the higher ranking sirens tend to be pickier because they are on the pinacle of power and wealth and everyone would seek to mated with them. Though the more time passes , the more they seek to be in partnership and unconsiously they give off pheromones and his room is filled with his scent.

And no, Evelyn won't be developing romantic feelings towards Prince Adrian due blood bond with Kai. 

Though in a sequel or triquel , there is interesting development for Evelyn and Prince Adrian. If you wanna know more about it comment or DM ;)

Well I hope you enjoyed my rambling lol.

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

I will see you later my dearest alligators <3!