"Ooh!" I understood that! "Who are they?"

"I suppose you'll meet them soon enough." He looked to the skeletons. "Horror, Dust, Cross, and Killer, respectively. Boys, this is Dream."

"Question." The one called Killer spoke.

"Yes?"

"Who is he, why was he a statue in the basement, and why was he eating me?!"

"One, his name is Dream, as I told you. Two, I don't feel like discussing that right now. Three, I have no idea."

"He tastes like strawberries." I said; I liked strawberries.

"I do not!" Killer huffed. 

"Yes, you do!" 

"That's enough of that." Nightmare cut us off. "Boys, what is said in this room will stay in this room, understood?"

"Yes, Nightmare!" The skeletons saluted in unison. 

"..Dream is my.." He took a deep breath. "Brother.."

"Woah, woah, woah, you mean your brother was a statue in our basement?!" The one known as Cross questioned.

"Yes..and now he isn't."

"How'd you know he was gonna break out at that exact moment?" Horror inquired.

"..It was a reasonable estimate that he would break out exactly five hundred years after his imprisonment."

"What?!" I nearly screamed at the large number; I was in there for five hundred years?!

"You were trapped in stone for five hundred years; much has changed since you last saw the outside world."

"..Does that mean you're older than me?"

"Yes, I am five hundred years older than you are, but that is not the point of this."

"What is?"

"You are here because I want you here. You are going to work for me as a servant."

"What's that?" I hadn't heard that word before.

"...You will be responsible for keeping the castle clean, along with several other duties that you shall recieve at a later date."

"This is a castle?" I smiled at the thought.

"Yes..did you hear anything aside from that?"

"Of course! I can hear you loud and clear, brother!"

"That's another thing.."

"Hm?"

"Don't call me that."

"..Why not?"

"Because you stopped being my brother a long time ago."

"No, I didn't!" I would have known if I had done something like that!

"Yes, you did."

"Nuh-uh."

"You did."

"Not."

"Did."

"Not."

"Did!"

"Not!"

"Did!"

"Not!"

"I hate you."

I gasped. "Brother, language!"