The men stammered before replying.

"We...we kept her in the basement cell, sir."

"What?" He shouted again and quickly walked towards the basement. The men followed him as well.

When he was about to reach the basement door, he turned towards the two men.

"Keys." He asked as he stretched his hands.

The men exchanged looks hoping that the other had it.

"You don't have it?" Viraj scolded them.

"It must be with the security. I will call them to bring it down now." One of them answered quickly. Viraj only rolled his eyes at their stupidity. He didn't have the time to wait for them to bring the keys from the main gate of the premises.

Walking in the basement, he proceeded towards the only cell that was locked. Taking out his gun from his waistband, he aimed at the lock carefully. With one shot, he had successfully broken the lock.

Sneha squealed in fear when she heard the sound of a gunshot and the lock breaking out of nowhere. If anything, it made her drag herself farther from the door.

Viraj swung the door open and took a sharp breath when he saw her condition.

"Sneha!" He whispered.

"It's not...not me. I am not a...spy. Please, believe me! I don't know where it came from. P.p.please...don't kill me." She cried as she thought the worst. She knew he would definitely hurt her today.

And, for the first time, he felt a pang in his chest as he saw her scared features and trembling tone. Taking a deep breath, he spoke.

"Come out." He asked her politely, as politely as he could.

"No...You...you will..." She stammered as she tried to back away while looking at the gun.

He sighed and took a step inside the cell. All the while, she kept on crying and begging him to go away.

"I trust you." He said slowly which stilled her in position. Taking courage, she looked up at him with teary eyes.

"I know it wasn't you. So, come out." He said calmly as he forwarded his right hand for her to take.

"You do? Y.you trust me? Even...even after that thing was found in my bag." She asked in a shaky voice. How could she believe him so easily? He could be playing tricks with her, after all.

"Yes. Because I know who did it. I forgot to inform my men in time." He partially lied in order to calm her down.

Sighing in relief, she wiped her tears away from the back of her hand. He brought his hand closer to her and she understood his intention.

Slowly and gently, she placed her right hand on his stretched ones and allowed him to pull her up. She couldn't deny the helping hand, especially when the other held a gun!

"Your dress is..." He commented as he noticed her attire.

"What?" She asked and immediately looked at her clothes.

"How did this..." She exclaimed when she saw that her top and jeans were all covered by dust and sticky mud. She pulled her hand away from his with a jerk and started patting her dress to free herself of the dirt. Looking behind her, she understood that the dust was from the cell's dirty floor.

No matter how much she tried, the persistent dirt just didn't leave her clothes. When her pattings became aggressive, he held her wrist firmly. She looked at him with wide eyes as she thought he was going to hit her.