☺︎︎ Chapter Sixty-Seven

I'll try my best not to make this boring (this book already went downhill anyway lol what am I saying).

☺︎︎

"How long has it been?" Jeno asks for the sixth time in a span of twenty minutes tops.

He's walking around Mark's bedroom, his friends calmly watching him as Haechan was playing some type of mobile game on his respective phone.

Yangyang sighs and answers, "Jen, relax, it's a battle."

He understands why the human boy is low-key freaking out, but it's kinda getting annoying now to receive the same questions after a few minutes.

"I can't!" Jeno exclaims, stopping midway towards Mark's bookshelves. Eyes frantic and he's gripping on his forearms tightly.

"What if he gets really hurt? Like– critically? Is it even worth it anymore? I can't have that! If it happens, it's going to be my fault! Oh m–"

"Jeno!" Mark cuts him off mid rambling, grabbing him by the shoulders and shakes him as if to get his senses back together.

When the younger boy shuts up, Mark exhales and says, "we understand what's going through your mind, you're worried, and that's okay."

"But let's stop thinking of the negatives, yeah? Let's just think of the good possibilities, like..." He pauses, forming a thinking face and smiling when he hears a chuckle from the younger boy.

"Like, Jaemin will obviously become king, the vampires will have peace, hmm some character developments?" He says about, emphasizing his point.

"Better blood banks and resources!" Hendery chimes, smiling awkwardly when he receives different reactions from the others.

Jeno and Haechan raising a brow at him, Yangyang rolling his eyes as usual from Hendery's antics while Mark snickers.

"Carry on," he gestures at them.

"Anyways, as I was saying, let's not think about Jaemin getting really hurt right now. Think about him easily beating some poor and nasty ass vampires in that battlefield."

"High possibility honestly, if Jaemin's in his focus, he'd probably do that. He's a purebred vampire, proper training, quick senses and royal blood flowing through him." Yangyang comments with a grin.

Hendery nods along and calmly says this time, "I've trained with Jaemin before, and I swear, I thought I was out for good."

"Hendery's not wrong, I've trained with them too and Jaemin's pretty good, quick and strong, it's almost like this whole thing is nothing to him." Yangyang said.

"You wanna know what else could happen if Jaemin wins?" Haechan speaks up with a hint of teasing in his tone.

He's still focused on his game, but nonetheless, he's listening to them too. Multitasking, Hendery guesses.

Once gaining their attention, he doesn't fully raise his head up to send Jeno a teasing smirk as he says, "he'd probably make Jeno his queen or something."