☺︎︎ Chapter Sixteen

Another few weeks later, it's all been the same. Including Jeno's so called "black eye" that Jaemin was sure of going away sooner or later.

Now, because of this, Lucas wouldn't stop bothering his mysterious friend, who was their basketball captain's best friend's soulmate, saying "I told you so" over and over again everyday.

Not only was he the only one annoying Jaemin, but even Jeno's own friends as well. Especially Haechan.

Haechan couldn't stop giving him looks (mostly daggers through his soul, if he even has one) at his way everytime they were somewhere around each other.

Mark wasn't a total bother like the other two, but he was still... Eh.

He gave looks as well, glancing at Jaemin whenever he can, giving warning looks at him when Jeno is talking to him and he decided to be an asshole.

It was really bothering him, especially when Mark literally said "even if it's just for tonight." And look where they are now. Few weeks in and he's still being supervised like a child.

Today was no different.

Except, Lucas was absent because he got a cold from his cousin, who got it from their mom, who got it from her patient since she's a doctor, who got it from their mom, who got it from the rain.

Yes. That had happened to author over here.

Anyways, Lucas wasn't here, not here to participate in class and in basketball practices, and not here to bother Jaemin again, for the meantime.

But the latter doesn't know.

If you're curious about what happened a few weeks ago, yes, Jaemin did walk Jeno home safely.

He only walked him to the entrance to his apartment building, though. Saying he can't go inside when Jeno asked if he wanted to stay for a bit since it's still raining.

It took a while to leave though, the brunet couldn't stop rambling and worrying if his soulmate is going to be A-Okay in this current weather.

But luckily, for Jaemin atleast, once Jeno was about to grab his wrist and drag him upstairs to his small apartment, the rain was starting to stop. Now tiny droplets were falling on the ground.

So, without further a do, Jaemin had stoically excused himself to go home as he mumbled a small 'good night' to the younger who smiled at him. Again.

Yeah, that was all that had happened last time. Oh, and Jeno's friends doesn't know about it yet.

Why? Because the brunet was keeping it for himself for a moment just to cherish it as he waits for the right moment to share the story to his friends.

Also because Haechan is most likely failing one or two of his subjects and Mark is busy with the school basketball team. Jeno doesn't want to intrude.

And that's another reason why he's going to the back of the school building, like he always does to meet Jaemin, alone. For the first time, actually.

He had excused himself from watching Mark scolding the members to focus and quit playing around without any goal, also tired of Yuta throwing the ball everywhere and hitting people. His arm speaks for itself.