☺︎︎ Chapter Thirty-Two

Time skip again lol

☺︎︎

"Jaeminnie hyung!" Jeno beams brightly while running towards him, he was alone and that made Jaemin raise a brow. The younger hugs him before kissing his cheek, like always.

Jaemin hums at him and lets the younger link their arms before they started walking off. "Why were you alone?" He couldn't help but ask.

Jeno looks at him and shrugged, "I wanted to see if you were already waiting for me." He said.

His answer made them halt on their walk, he turns to Jaemin who was glaring at him. "And what if I wasn't?" He asked with a cold tone.

The younger tilts his head, "hyung, what a–" he tries to ask the elder on what he was talking about, but sadly got interrupted by the vampire boy.

"Jeno. Do you realize something could've happened if I wasn't there yet?" Jaemin said with a strict look, "stay with your friends until I'm there." He adds.

Jeno pouts and stuffs his face against the elder's chest, "I'm sorry, hyung! I won't do it again." He easily submits with his voice being muffled.

Rolling his eyes, Jaemin scoffs and pushes his face away a little. "Just– listen to me." He said.

He doesn't even know why he cares so much. Especially now. Previously, he'd usually tell Jeno to go home already, with or without someone with him.

Yet, now that Jeno just stood outside already waiting for him first– alone, made him grit his teeth while he clenches his hands in his pockets for a second.

"But you didn't tell me anything about what you want me to do, hyung." Jeno said matter-of-a-factly.

Touché.

Pursing his lips, Jaemin doesn't know why but he suddenly blurts out. "Then I'll tell you from now on, pup."

Jaemin had his eyes wide open and swallowed dryly, he was expecting for Jeno to squeal loudly or have that usual reaction when Jaemin did something that made him feel giddy.

"What was that hyung?" Was Jeno's reply instead.

The elder blinked and realized that a loud truck just drove passed them, resulting for Jeno to not hear anything from him.

He doesn't know what to feel– I mean, what?

"Nothing." He muttered before tugging the younger with him by their linked arms to continue on their walk.

Jeno being Jeno, again, started whining at him. "Wait nooo~ hyung what did you say? I didn't hear you because of that truck, I'm sorry!" He pries.

Jaemin huffs and grumbles, "nothing, now behave yourself." He dismisses while looking straight ahead to bite his lip and hoping that Jeno doesn't realize his pale cheeks now slightly in a shade of pink.

☺︎︎

"Bongsik~ my lil angel." Jeno runs towards the said cat and picks her up in his arms, pecking her multiple times on the head as she lets out satisfied purrs from being so spoiled by the human.