☺︎︎ Chapter Twenty-Three

A knock was heard at the door just as Jaemin was about to ask something to Jeno, they both glanced to the direction of the sound before looking at each other.

"I'll go get it for you." Jaemin said, surprising himself with his words. His wide eyes and shifting gaze out the window made it obvious.

Jeno smiles at him and shake his head, "no it's okay, I'll get it." He said and moves to stand up.

Once he did get his feet on the ground, pushing himself to stand up properly, he almost falls over from being lightheaded, "w-woah." He mumbled to himself.

Another surprising thing that happened next was Jaemin using his super speed to rush towards the younger and help him steady himself on his feet.

(A/N: I know some of y'all gonna say 'I am speed' 💀)

He raised a brow when Jeno started giggling, "Jaeminnie hyung, I feel so dizzy." He whispered with a goofy smile on his face as he gripped onto the elder's shirt.

Jaemin heard another knock on the door and groans, pursing his lips before laying Jeno back down on his bed again and tucks him under his blanket.

"I'm answering the door, no arguments." He said sternly and points an accusing finger at the younger. "Now stay here. I can't have you passing out right now." To which Jeno just pouts at.

He walks towards the door and finally answers it, seeing a short man with a cat in his arms. "Oh wha– hey, uh... Is Jeno here?" He asks looking behind his frame.

Jaemin only shook his head, "yes." Answering curtly before he was about to close the door again.

The short man suddenly stops him by pushing the door with his foot and his awkward appearance turned into more confident and hostile.

"Okay bitch you're not fooling me, who the fuck are you, huh? Are you some kind of burglar that got in my friend's apartment or something? Or did you eat him alive?" He ranted off.

He then lets out a loud gasp while the cat in his arms was just staring at Jaemin just like how Bongsik does. Speaking of Bongsik, Jaemin felt something bump into his leg and glances down to see the said cat sitting beside him.

"OH MY GOD YOU KILLED HIM DIDN'T YOU?"

"Okay, what's with these people thinking I killed Jeno?" Jaemin thought to himself and rolled his eyes.

"DON'T YOU ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME! JENO I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU, MY POOR CHILD–" The short man tries to push Jaemin away to barge in Jeno's apartment but failed to do so when Jaemin just held his shoulder with one hand.

"He's sleeping," Jaemin sighs as the short man finally stops his wrath and backs up to scan his face with a look. "What's your name?"

"My friends call me Ten." The short man, Ten, huffs and crosses his arms with the poor cat squished against his chest.

"Well, Ten. I'll tell Jeno you came by, but I can assure you he's fine and is just resting at 3 am. So should you." Before Ten could utter out a word, Jaemin shuts the door on his face.

"That guy's fucking rude, I'll tell Haechan and Mark that some kid is trying to hurt Jeno–" Jaemin hears the man behind the door grumble before he finally leaves with his footsteps fading away.