Chapter 65

*Layton & Brooklyn in MM*

*Another long one for y'all. How y'all doing? I leave on the 18th🥲. Imma miss y'all💘. Hopefully I can drop two more chapter before I leave!! Make sure y'all check out my other book "Broken".*

Payton was unpacking the new house. August and Shawn was out getting a haircut and Adam was asleep in his crib that was in the living room.

She had already unpacked the kitchen, downstairs bathroom, one of the guest bedrooms, and now she was working on Adam's room. She listened to Brent Faiyaz as she unpack to make her relax.

I almost fell in love with you
After the club last night
It don't know what you do
Money's gonna treat you right

Girl, don't act like you changed
When we both know you can't
And I know you love me
Cause i think you're lovely

Girl check my coat
Drop that ass on the floor
See you move on that pole
Baby, look at you go

Girl, check my coat
Drop that ass on the floor
See you move on that pole
Baby, look at you go

She hummed to the lyrics as she sat on the sofa separating Adam clothes. He was growing so big so fast and was realizing it as she got rid of some of his old clothes. Her emotions started to catch her slipping as she got deep in her thoughts.

She really had a kid of her own. She thought about him growing up to be a handsome young man and the girls made chills go up her spine and she cringed. Shaking her head she wiped a few tears, she was having a mommy moment.

Her phone began to ring and she sigh grabbing it. She seen it was Shawn aunt. Answering she put the phone on speaker.

"Hello" she answered and there was silence before someone said something.

"Hey Payton this is Martha, I was calling because I wanted to let you know that Michelle came by and she asked to stay with me for a while and I told her it was fine" Martha  began to explain.

"Okay so what does that mean" she asked and Martha sigh.

"Do you want Shawn here with Michelle being here" she asked and the door opened in walked Shawn & August.

"Hey look let me give you a call back" Payton said standing up and August walked over hugging her.

"Okay." She said and they hung up.

"Pay-Pay you like my haircut." Shawn asked and August kissed her.

"Yea it's nice, I want to talk to you real quick." Payton told him and he nodded

August walked over to Adam kissing him before walking in there room to give the two privacy. Shawn sat down and Payton sat beside him.

"Shawn do you want to see your mom" she asked and his eyes watered.

"No" he said after a while and Payton sigh.

"You fear she's going to leave again don't you." She asked and he nodded before breaking down and Payton brought him into a hug.

"I don't wanna go" he said as he hugged Payton tight.

"You don't have to." Payton said, she couldn't let him go through that again.

"Why" he asked as he pulled away wiping his face.

"She's living with your aunt and I know she doesn't have her life together right now so it's no guarantee she's going to stay, I'm not gone put you through that again because it hurts and I know it does" she explain to him and he nodded.