6

Faint candlelight illuminated the youth's gentle and elegant face, a shallow smile was displayed on his pale face. The youth went into the cell and closed the door. Covering his mouth to cough a few times, he asked "Ah Yuan, are you injured?"

The moment JiYuan saw the youth's face, he was stunned and he keep staring at the newcomer. Until System dry-coughed to warn him of OOC, then JiYuan came out from the shocked sensation of being struck by lightning. Calming down his horrified mental state, he looked at the youth in front of him again and found out that his expression and attitude was indeed differed from the person in his memory. After he suppressed his churning mood, he poked System, "Who is this?"

System : "The eldest son of your deceased Third uncle, called JiChen. Good character and very good towards the original owner of the body. We can try to use him to escape."

While System was giving introductions to JiYuan, JiChen has walked closer. Looking at the chains on JiYuan, his face showed hints of worry and he frowned.

"Second uncle is too much. There were just some baseless rumors flying outside but he wanted to immediately send you away to the cultivator sect to die....."

JiYuan thought for a moment, his gaze paused at the familiar face again before he opened his mouth, "Cousin, where is my father?"

JiChen hesitated, "Just recently, ZhaoYang suddenly died and rumors were flying everywhere. Then, the Zhao family came to our family.... in order to protect everyone, Eldest uncle went with those people to the South Lake."

JiYuan vaguely felt an ominous premonition. Sure enough, the taskbar suddenly refreshed the next moment.

"Rescue JiXuan (0/1) . Tips: No time limit, mandatory task."

JiYuan : "....."

System : "..... condolence."

Not knowing that JiYuan has just experienced a desperate situation in a moment ago, JiChen tightened his brow and covered his mouth. After a few deep, chesty coughs, there was a hint of blood in the air when he opened his mouth to say something.

"Tomorrow morning, Second uncle will send someone to deliver you to South Lake and people from Zhao family will be waiting there. They will not listen to your explanation.... Ah Yuan, don't worry. I have asked Ah Shen to steal the key from Second uncle. It shouldn't be a problem with his skill. You must leave YangNing tonight and seek help from the Jiang family at JinHe."

After JiYuan has gotten some information from System about the family relationships in Ji family, he whispered, "Cousin, your body..... how is it?"

JiChen's body was not good and disease-ridden. In another point of view, he could be considered 'riding in the same boat' with the original body. He smiled when he heard the question and replied with a simple 'the same old'. Right after that, he turned his head away to cough again. His pale face was flushed with an abnormal shade.

System observed for a moment and sighed, "This person's life is worse than the original body, destined to have a short life."

Originally, System was just casually sighing but it didn't expect itself to somehow step on JiYuan's 'tail'.

JiYuan exploded with anger and coldly scolded System with a 'Shut up!', then looked at JiChen. He slowly said, "Second uncle and my father doesn't get along, almost could be said like fire and water. Isn't he the temporary family Head now? He wanted me to die, no one could stop it. Cousin, you should go back. If Second uncle knew that you wanted to release me, you and Ah Shen wouldn't be able to live a good life in the family."

System was shocked, "You don't want your life anymore? I have no way to help you 'to open the golden finger'(cheat/plot armor), to massacre the people and save your dad. All I can do is recite reincarnation prayers when both of you died, to help your soul find peace."