Chapter 20: Our End...

A small suggestion do try to read this chapter while playing night changes by One Direction in the background for more feeling. Enjoy!

.....................................................................................................................................

READERS POV:

Rakshit stood in a Black suit, with hint of tears in his eyes. It has been 3 years since that day. The day that probably changed their lives in ways they never thought their lives could be changed.

Does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes?  

One moment they all finally were together and all had been forgiven and forgotten but in a blink of an eye, everything had fallen apart. 

The atmosphere felt cold and a chill wind surrounded him. He sat on the slightly wet grass with a soft thud. A shiver ran down his spine. And his mind said.

"That's when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you — the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do."

He took the white lilies he had bought and kept them on the tomb stone. A really great person's Tomb Stone A sad smile spread around his face. He didn't have much words to say today.

At the moment, the Great Rakshit Shergill was kind of speechless and opened his mouth but his word were not willing to come out.

After a while with a lot of courage he said a few simple lines that held so much meaning and pain.

Thankyou: For what you did, It has been exactly 3 years since that day. I hope you are happy and I hope in my next lifetime I'll be able to repay you. It took me a lot of courage to be finally able to do this and I bet you would have loved to be here and see this moment but I know from up in the sky you will be watching this moment of my life. After all it is my wedding day.

That was all he had been able to say. He stood up, dusted off his clothes and walked out of the grave yard with small steps.

A trail of footprints had been left behind.

Rakshit drove back to his home. Everyone was in a joyous mode. The house was covered in lights. Fairy lights covered the railings. The stairs had been decorated by red and white roses. 

Shikhar came running and took Rakshit with him. There was little time left and Rakshit wasn't ready yet. 

Rakshit got all ready and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked like the day he did on his wedding day with Drishti but now everything was different, nothing was like it used to be.

Shikhar came from his back and said "I know bro what you are thinking, it is crazy how much has happened but today is your wedding day and I bet Drishti would want you be smiling today. She would be proud of you."

With that he walked out of the room.

Rakshit realized he was right and that is what she would have wanted.

He went down and sat on the mandap. His bride came in wearing the same dress Drishti wore on their wedding day years ago.

They took 7 rounds, The priest said the chants and he tied the chain around her neck and filled her maang with vermillion. The wedding was completed. (Keep in note that I have hardly any idea about Indian Culture weddings so bear with me if I made any mistakes)

Everything else happened in a blink of an eye.

Right now his bride was waiting for him in their room.

He glanced at the sky once and said "I'll be with you forever"

With that he went down from the roof into his room. Their sat his bride.

With slow but firm steps he walked over to her with one thing in his mind "Drishti wanted this".

This is the end of theirs story. The story about what the love and their love.

...............................................................................................................................................................

A/n: Omg the story has finally came to its end today after around 1 and a half year. This is my first story that I published and ya'll gave me so much love.This chapter is for all those who stayed even though I became such an irregular updater after a few months of initially publishing the story, those who came along the way and supported me. Tysm. You all have helped me cope up with my feelings in such a way that I can't tell. ;)

...............................................................................................................................................................

Started: 16.05.2020

Ended: 09.10.2021

Signing off, MsParacha