Herod Westwood: LXVI

Start from the beginning

"Boost me over the wall?" Asher suggested. Herod shook his head, he wasn't a really physically strong person. 'Like hell I'm doing that.. Puderis doesn't pay me enough.' He scoffed.

'Puderis doesn't pay you at all?' Vulity laughed. Fair point..

"I.. don't know if we should be breaking into a cemetery when we could try and go through the front?" Riu suggested. "It's day time.. The graveyard is never locked during the day." that was useful but.. It looked to them that their Nimblewright was actually outside the graveyard walls.

"There's a guard over there." Markos suggested. "Perhaps we walk over and talk to them.. Head inside and take a look around." No, Herod shook his head, 'that wasn't the answer here..'

"Excuse me sir?!" Riu began running towards the guard. "Could you open the gate? Do you think it would be alright if me and my siblings visited our.. Father." Herod nearly face palmed, the guard leaned to the left looking at the party of three humans all of various different ages, two elves that were most definitely too old to share some common parent with them. And the Half-elf who only just barely resembles anyone. The guard looked gobsmacked.

"Ya.. know guys.." Herod started. "I was just gonna say this was a city guard business and we were pursuing a known criminal.. But.. this is somehow dumber." He muttered, "If that failed.. Intimidate him.. Why are we.. doing this."

"I have no ide-" Alekzandr paused his statement, grabbing one of Herod's shoulders. "Left, in that crevice." He snapped his eyes over to where Alekzandr was pointing. In the distance he spotted an alleyway opposite the gates. Something.. Was moving. Alekzandr raised his rifle pulling back on a metal piece; *Chn-flink* giving its signature click. Herod steadily drew vulity singing a silent prayer to himself causing the runes on it to glow a soft forest green light. The damascus-like steel was bathed in the energy while soft blue particles wafted off of it. He twisted the stag antler shaped guard in his grasp readying it for battle.

"Guys." Herod declared. "Over there." Despite it being daylight, the alleyway was dimly lit and whatever was moving.. It was moving behind a trash can obscuring it even more.

"What are you.." Markos started but soon he caught on. "Behind the can.." everyone began turning at this point. That's when Herod saw it. A fleeting glimpse of wood. They found their nimblewright. Steadily he saw the figure in the alleyway stand up, its knees bending in unnatural ways twisting its form.

"Go." Asher whispered. Instantly Herod saw Markos dart in the direction of the machine faster than he anticipated. Adleth hopped over them with the nimblewright detector on her back spinning faster as she ran. Herod joined them. The group rushed at the nimblewright who was standing simply in the alley way. Markos grunted while running as he tossed his trident straight at the machine. The spear flew through the air and made contact sinking.. Barely inside the wooden construct. Herod actually watched the trident fall out of it from lack of depth. As he got closer the shadows of the alleyway gave in, giving him a full picture of the creature. It was roughly six foot six or so. With glossy white wood similar to birch all of its joints were punctuated with the familiar rounded circles. Over its body he spotted a long orangish red cloak with ornate design. Its face was vaguely human yet it had a carved beard that ran long in front of its face curling up at the tip. Its head was adorned with a large orangish red feathered hat. In its right hand Herod spotted a long wooden rapier made from the same material as its body.

"This is for our windows you cunt!" Adleth yelled. She jumped at the bot, slashing her swords wildly. Herod witnessed the machine back up swinging its blade to parry the strikes, it moed for a counter attack pushing Adleth's left hand aside and stabbing her in the arm. "Agh!" Adleth winced, striking her right blade at the legs. Again despite hitting, the blade barely sunk in. The creature was resistant to these melee attacks.