Markos Amanodel: LII

Start from the beginning

"I'll take care of this." Asher clarified he hopped off the side of the waggon being careful to not bump into Andraste who had been walking alongside it. "You guys take the cart outback.. Unload it.." Markos took a deep breath and nodded. Alekzandr gripped the reins and directed the cart to the right down the large alleyway next to their home. The dark and damp road clattered under them while the horses kicked up water.

"Let me get on." Andraste piped, Alekzandr attempted to slow the horses but to no avail forcing Markos to reach over the side of the cart and grab Andraste by the hand helping her jump onto the cart without too much problem.

"So, a shit ton of gold! Sounds like I'm gonna have fun." Adleth chuckled from the back. She had opted to sit in the actual cart rather than on it sitting on a pile of junk and supplies Skeemo had packed. Sadly when they had all taken inventory of the caravan it seemed as if Skeemo was just getting the last of his things. "What do you do with gold Markos? Church tithe?" Markos gave a soft smile blushing a little, no he didn't pay a damn church tithe!

'Oh, we should make a church tithe!' He frowned at the voice squinting at it to be silent. Seriously? Should we make a church tithe? Because that was- a brilliant idea. Markos made a mental note to think about that later.

"I mostly save it up for... various things I may need.. Like books, brothels, or salmon." He remarked. There was a deadpan silence for a moment, Markos bit on one of his nails. He lowered his eyes to his lap studying the yellow cloak which sat there.

"You.. and.. Brothels? Markos, I thought you were a virgin.." Markos smiled a little at Adleth's confusion. "Don't tell Herod or you might get murdered ha!" She chuckled. Well yeah.. He was in fact a virgin but he never went to brothels for sex. He fidgeted for a second and then opened his mouth.

"I.. don't pay for sex, just pay people to sleep next to me, Cthulhu's nightmares arent nearly as bad when others are around." He responded, Markos shivered remembering all the times he had to pay his hard earned coin for random strangers to sleep next to him, a desperate attempt to avoid the dreams though.. They would still sometimes come regardless. Markos was glad Herod had walked to see Davil with Asher. The Cart turned the final corner in the alleyway opening to the TrollSkull Manor's backyard, a large plot of land separated by an iron fence in the alley way.

"This is gonna be a pain." Riu groaned. She stood on the side of the cart bracing it to be turned. Andraste rapidly unhooked the horses leaving the other four to physically haul the cart around the ninety degree angle. It took a lot of effort Markos had to push one side before they backed it up numerous times. Nearly fifteen minutes later the group had hauled the cart through the fence and set it down in the backyard. The horses were now strolling the field he wanted to reach out and pet one.

"Nope!" Markos backed up when one of the horses started to yelp at him.

"Come comrade.. We should go inside." Markos nodded rapidly and turned on his heel running into the open backdoor. He took a step into the doorframe. The fresh planks of wood didn't make a single sound. He adirmed the fresh bar they had purchased the installation, certainly meaning Lif would be satisfied. At least he didn't need to worry about some vengeful spectre. Right?

"You look cheerful." Adleth snapped. Markos pivoted to the exchange between Asher and Adleth. "Where's the coin man?" Asher looked off in the distance. Shit Markos thought, did they not get the money? Wait. How did Adleth gauge Asher's expression?

'What do we need money for?!' The voice made a good point. 'To buy peaches obviously!' Now hold on, that voice made a better point. Markos took a seat at the bar spinning in the chair to face his friends plus the newcomer of Andraste.