CHAPTER 18

Two days passed and Jasmine didn't replied the "sleep tight" Dave sent to her.
Although, she was missing him.

What could she possibly say even if she was to reply?

She went out that evening to see one of her friends who was having issues with his girlfriend.
He needed to talk to Jasmine one on one so she went out to see him.
On her way back, she received a call from Dave.

The call left her questioning herself because the present Dave would never call her with his airtime.

However, she picked the call and he asked where she was.

She said she went out and she was walking back home and he told her he knew because he saw her when she passed by.

She asked where he was and he said he was coming out to meet her.

This surprised Jasmine because Dave never wanted to see her.
Whenever she brought up the topic of seeing him, he would give an excuse saying he was busy or something.

She came online to keep herself busy while she waited for him and she saw that he double texted her, "where are you?"

Apparently, he gave her that phone call when he saw that she wasn't online.
She didn't reply because they had already spoken.

About five minutes later, she saw Dave coming out and she walked up to him.
He complimented her walking step again, saying she walked like a model.

He he

He held her hand and they crossed the road together.

He was quite aware that Jasmine was afraid of crossing the express.
They began to walk towards the direction of their favorite spot for discussion.

The place they had their stupid first kiss.
The place all the hugs and neck kisses took place.

She asked him where he saw her and he said that wasn't necessary, all that mattered was that he saw her.

She noticed that his beards were growing and she talked about it saying that she didn't like guys with beards but he replied with a  "we've been walking for 10 minutes now and you've still not said anything reasonable."

Well who would you blame?
She wasn't always thinking straight whenever she was with him.

She couldn't even recall the last time they met so she had to observe even the littlest change in him.

One thing didn't change tho, his scent.

She felt like burying her head on his neck and sniffing every scent out of him but she couldn't do that, not now at least.

She began to speak.
And then a call came in from his dad.

They were having some argument and his dad hung up on him.
He called his dad again but he didn't respond.

"Wow, now I'm having an argument with my dad all because of Jasmine" he said with no expression on his face so she couldn't tell if he was angry or what not.

She just apologised to die matter and then they continued with their discussion.

"As I was saying, you've changed a lot lately and please don't say anything to make me laugh right now because I'm dead ass serious.
It feels like you're indirectly telling me to just leave your life because you don't care anymore.''

"How?" he asked.

''It shows in your actions and behaviour towards me.
Asides this night, I can't remember when you called me out of your own will or texted me because you actually wanted to talk to me.
You're stressing me mentally for real.
I'm legit breaking down.
Whenever I text you, you make it feel like I'm disturbing you or I'm forcing myself to have a conversation with you and that is not cool Dave!
I'm tired.''