11- Innocent

The next day I woke up in a totally different spot then where I fell asleep.  I got up and did my chores. The news spread through out the camp that Wells had died last night. Apparently grounders had gotten to him during his watch. I felt bad for Clarke. I saw her sitting at Well's grave with flowers. I almost went out there with her but I saw Finn heading towards her. I started to walk through the camp and I saw Murphy peeing on Connor. What in the world.
"Your brother really knows how to run things huh?"
Harper came up behind me and asked.
"Yeah sometimes I don't understand his methods but apparently it works so why question it?" She laughs and I laugh. I had became friends with Harper over the few days. She was fun and smart, kinda weird sometimes.

After awhile of sitting down and talking to some of the other kids I saw Clarke rush out of her tent and head straight over to Murphy. I jump up quickly and run over to Murphy's side.
"You killed Wells." Clarke told him.
"What?"
Octavia walked up from behind Clarke, "He tried to kill Jasper too." She said.
"What?" Jasper asked and his eyes widened.
"So? Bellamy said he was gonna kill Jasper the next day anyway."
I looked at Murphy. "Nova I didn't kill him. I
promised."
" I don't have to answer to anyone." Murphy said to Clarke. Then Bellamy stepped in front of Clarke.
"I did not kill Wells. Nova told me not to. I kept my promise. It wasn't me."
Clarke yells and asked if this is the type of society that we wanted to live in. All of the other kids started to whisper. This was not gonna end well.
"Let's float him!" Connor yells. The crowd agrees with him.
"No! You can't float him! He didn't do it!" I yelled back at them. Connor starts to chant "float Murphy"
They were gonna float my brother. They couldn't he was innocent. The crowd started to move towards me and Murphy. They started hitting Murphy and beating him up. They pushed him to the ground and started kicking him. "STOP IT!" I yelled but no one could hear me. I tried to push my way through the crowd but Miller is holding me back. "MILLER LET GO!" I yell at him. I kick Miller and I ran back into the crowd trying to save Murphy. I could see Murphy with his hands over his face, it was bleeding and he was crying out in pain. I was almost to him when Miller got ahold of me again. They gagged Murphy and started to string up a noose. They were going to hang him. My body shuddered. They wrap the noose around his neck I push Miller to the ground and run to Murphy. Bellamy steps in my way. "Bellamy let me go! I have to save him! What if that was Octavia?"
"Octavia didn't kill anybody!"
"Neither did Murphy!"
The crowd started chanting for Bellamy to kick the box out from under Murphy. Clarke comes up to him and begs him to stop. He pushes her away and kicks the box out from under Murphy. I rush over to Murphy but Connor pushes me back towards Bellamy.
"This is on you! You should've kept your mouth shut!" Bellamy yells at Clarke. I turn around.
"Clarke! You killed my brother! He's all I had left! You monster!" I look over and see Murphy strangling at the end of his rope. Then Charlotte comes forward, "Murphy didn't kill Wells. I did!" Charlotte killed wells not Murphy. I grabbed the axe from Bellamys waist and cut Murphy's rope. Finn hops up there and unties his rope I pushed past Bellamy and dropped the axe at his feet.

Clarke, Finn, and Bellamy were in the tent with Charlotte. Murphy was outside chanting for the real killer. I walked inside the tent and I heard Charlotte say she was slaying her demons.
"It's not okay just to kill people Charlotte. And you made Murphy suffer for it." I said and walked out of the tent back towards Murphy. Bellamy walks out after me. Bellamy says they were just giving the crowd what they wanted. "Who wants to see the real murderer get hung?" Murphy asked the crowd. No one responded. They were fine with Murphy dying for it but not Charlotte? Murphy got mad and hit Bellamy in the back of the neck and knocked him out then he proceeded to punch Jasper and run inside the tent. Murphy came out, I realized by the look on his face that Clarke and Finn had escaped with Charlotte. Murphy led a group into the woods to find Charlotte. I bent down beside Bellamy to check his pulse and make sure he was still alive. He had a heartbeat. I sat there until he woke up which was an hour later.

He woke up and looked around frantically. I was sitting a few yards away from him against the tree. "They are all looking for Charlotte." I said.
"Then why are you here?"
"Didn't want to leave you alone with the grounders." I said in a monotone type of voice. I didn't care for Bellamy right now. He just kicked the crate out of under Murphy. If he died, the whole camp would turn into chaos. I didn't want to go with Murphy because if he caught Charlotte he was most likely gonna kill her. And I didn't want to see that.
"Now that your awake I'm going to find Charlotte."
I said and got up and started walking into the woods.
"You can't be alone," he said as he was getting to his feet.
"Bellamy. I can't even look at you right now."
"Why I was just doing what the people wanted."
"YOU ALMOST KILLED HIM!" I yelled.
"You know, at first I thought you were a selfish, heartless jerk. But then, in the cave the other night, i thought I was wrong but apparently I was right the first time."
I walked off into the woods to find Charlotte and didn't look back.