05- The tree

The chancellor of Earth and I ran through the forest towards Clarke's scream. We came to the river where  we saw Clarke standing in the river with her hands over her mouth and Finn holding up something. I got closer and it was Jaspers goggles. Murphy ran up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. We all rush through the river over to Finn.
"They went this way."
"How do you know?" Murphy asked with sarcasm.
"Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker now." Bellamy says.
"It's called 4th year Earth skills." Finn gets up and starts walking following the blood trail. I walk right behind Finn while Clarke and Wells are behind me and Bellamy and Murphy are in the back talking. We follow the trail to an open field with a tree. In the tree I saw Jasper strung up and tied to the tree branches.
"Jasper!" I started to run out of the trees but I felt someone grab my shirt.
"Stay low. They could be watching from the tree line." Bellamy said and let go of my shirt.
I bent down and ran zig zag towards the tree. I stood up when we go to a open part and the ground beneath me gave out. I started to fall through the ground and I looked down and saw wooden spikes sticking straight up ready to end my days.

Then I felt someone's big hand grab my arm tightly. I look up and see Bellamy holding my arm. We stare into each other's eyes. I could see the fear in his eyes and he could probably see the fear in mine.
"Murphy!" He calls.
Murphy runs over to me and I throw up my other arm. Finn and Wells help pull me up too. When I get to the top and they pull me one last time and we all fall over each other. And of course I'm laying on top of Bellamys chest. I get up quickly and hold out my hand to help him up. He grabs my hand an I pull him to his feet. "Thank you." He nods and Murphy gets up too. "Are you okay?" He asks me.
"Yeah... I'm fine." I respond.
Everyone leans over the hole I fell in see the wooden spikes. Wells squinted his whole face somehow.
"Jasper." I say under my breath. We all look up towards the tree and see him moaning. Finn, wells, and Murphy climb up into the tree to untie him. I hear a rustling in the tall grass around us. I look and see something moving the grass.
"Bellamy." I whispered.
"What?" He turns around and sees it too. He puts his hand on my back and lowers us towards the ground. The rustling stops. Absolutely nothing moves, i hold my breath and the wind blows my hair into my face. A big black panther pounces out from behind the tall grass and heads towards Bellamy and I. I push Bellamy out of the way using my own body and we land on the ground and the panther barely missed us. It darts back into the grass and rustles around again. I sit up looking around for the panther and it comes out on the opposite side of us.
"Bellamy! Gun!" Clarke yells.
I look over at Bellamy and see him lift up his shirt and we both realize that his gun is missing. Pak pak pak. 3 bullets zoomed through the air. We looked up in the tree and Wells was holding the gun. Oh no. The panther came back out and I just closed my eyes and Bellamy shielded me with his body. My face was buried into his chest and his hands were on the ground beside me. We laid there while multiple bullets rang throughout the air. I heard Wells clicking the gun but he had ran out of  bullets. The panthers body slide right into eye view of Bellamy and I. We looked at each other and he slowly got up. He offered his hand to me, to help me up like I did him. I grabbed his hand and got to my feet.
"Nova. You alive?" Murphy asked.
"Yeah. You?"
"Yea. Let's get him down and get outta here." He said.
They brought him down and Clarke looked at his wound.
"They cauterized the wound." I said. Clarke looks at me confused. "What? i was interested in medical books in the skybox."
"Let's just get out of here." Wells says. They make a gurney and carry Jasper on it. Wells and Murphy are carrying him first but Bellamy said we would switch.
Finn carried the panther that was tied to a stick.

On the way back I started walking up to Bellamy.
"I just wanted to say thank you for not dropping me back there. I know it probably would've  been a lot less stress just to drop me." I say with a smile. Bellamy grins and says, " yeah it would've been but who would yell at me for being stupid?" We laugh and then I hear Wells out of breath behind us carrying the gurney. I walk up to him.
"I got him." I told wells. We switched places and I saw Bellamy switch places with Murphy. We carry Jasper all the way back to camp and I guess they listened to Atom because they had made wooden walls around camp. They looked good. We carried Jasper into the dropship and Clarke told us to put him on the second level. I climbed the ladder and Bellamy pulled Jaspers body off of the gurney and hands him to me through the hole. I pulled him through and Bellamy pushed his feet. I laid him on the floor and left so Clarke could get to work.