09- Acid Fog

"When are we leaving?" Wells said. Clarke whipped her head in Wells direction.

"Your not going." She said.

"You need me. I'm the only one that knows what this looks like." Wells was right about that, even though Clarke didn't want to admit it but she knew it was true.

"I'm coming too. I cant stand being here another day. I need a break. " I said while getting to my feet.

"Good. We need the most we can get. And you too Finn." She said. I climbed down the ladder and found Murphy practicing his knife throwing. "I'm going with Clarke for some medicine for Jasper. Ill be back before nightfall. "

"Who else is going?" He asked. I think his overprotective big brother instincts were kicking in too.

"Finn, Clarke and Wells." I said confidently.

"Um no... what happens when a grounder shows up? Who's gonna protect you? The chancellor of Earth? Space walker.?"

"I'm going to protect them. I'm a Murphy. I can handle myself. " He smirks. I hug him goodbye and go pack my things for the trip.

We leave camp ten minutes after my conversation with Murphy. I start in the back of the group flipping my knife through my fingers. Wells is trying to talk to Clarke but shes ignoring him and she ran up to catch up with Finn, who was leading. I just realized what I did. I booked a trip with the freaking love triangle. I practiced my knife throwing as well. I even learned some tricks. i would flip my knife in the air catch it and throw it into the tree ahead of me. Then i would walk past the tree and grab the knife and do it again. Wells came up beside me and started talking to me again. I try to look at him but his fathers face fills my mind. I look away. "What is it this time Chancellor of Earth?"I said under my breath.

"Would you please stop calling me that?"

"Sorry your Majesty. " I said with sarcasm.

"I thought you said if I showed control she would forgive me." he said while walking next to me. I did my knife trick and flung the knife into the tree. "I never said she'll forgive you. I just said that is what ladies like. Its not my fault that it doesn't work for you. " I grab my knife and keeping walking. "Your problem goes deeper than I thought. If I were you I would just give up on it. " I jumped down of of the rock I was standing on and when I hit the ground I hit something metal. Wells and I stopped and Finn and Clarke heard it too. They headed back towards us and we all examined the metal door. Finn opened it up and it was an automobile buried in the dirt. I had never seen one in real life. We started to check it out then Clarke said it could wait but Jasper couldn't. I slammed the door and we kept on going towards the river. I drifted to the back of the group again practicing my knife throwing.

I ran towards Finn who said that we were getting close. I ran in front of them and I saw the beautiful river. It was peaceful and the water looked so clear and blue. We all walked to the edge of the big rock we were standing on. "Wells is that the seaweed?" I asked him and confirmed my theory.

"So maybe we can lower someone down or make something to scoop it out from the shore. " I jumped off the ledge and walked down into the water and grabbed the seaweed. "Or we could just do that." Finn said. I pulled the seaweed and walked back to shore to hand it to Clarke for her to out it in her pack. Then a swarm of birds flies overhead and we all look towards the yellow fog storm heading straight for us. Clarke yells at us to run and we all start to run back towards the dropship. Were running through the forest for awhile and then the fog catches up to us. The yellow acid fog split me off from the group and i never realized it until they were out of my sight. I kept running and running. I had to fend for myself. I couldn't worry about them. I had to survive. After more running I hit something really hard. Then I realized it wasn't something it was someone. I've never been more thankful to see Bellamy Blake. "Nova? What doing out here." "Run!" I yelled. We kept running and then 2 more people approached us running. It was Charlotte and Atom. why was she out here? We joined as a group and never stopped running. Bellamy spotted a cave and grabbed my hand to lead me towards it. I reached out and grabbed Charlotte's hand and pulled her to. We reached the cave and I sent Charlotte further into the cave. "BELLAMY!" Atom cried. I went to the mouth of the cave and looked for Atom, "NOVA!" He cried again. I wanted to help him so bad. I started to run after him but Bellamy held me back. "ATOM!" I started to cry softly then the fog reached the cave and it burned apart of my hand. Bellamy and I ran back further inside the cave to escape the fog and find Charlotte. Atom was my friend. " I just let him die. I did nothing. " i said under my breath. I sat against the wall and stared into the abyss. "Nova we did all we could." He sunk down against the wall too. "What about Murphy? What if hes caught out in it too. I have to go help him." I got up and started to go to the mouth of the cave. Bellamy grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "You cant do anything Nova."

"Bellamy you don't understand. Hes all i have left. Hes everything. " i started to cry again. I cant lose him. If I lose Murphy I wouldn't have anything to live for." Bellamy nudged me. "You still got Me and Charlotte. Were not going anywhere." I look over towards Charlotte and she smiles. I sniffle and smile back. "Why don't you and Charlotte get some sleep Ill be on first watch." I nod and lay down next to Charlotte. She curls up next to me and I felt Bellamy sit beside my back and exhale deeply. I started to fall asleep and dream of all the trouble Murphy and I stirred up. All the memories I had with My family before the skybox, before alcohol, before the drugs.