03- The babysitter

Later into the night the camp starts a huge bonfire and Bellamy starts lining up people to take off their wristbands. They start popping people wrist bands off one by one and whenever a metal wristband gets thrown into the fire the whole camp hollers. Murphy is the one taking them off and Bellamy is just watching. I walk away from everyone and just sit beside the dropship. I just try to think of another way to survive without Bellamy involved in the plan. Hes a hot head.
But every plan I think of Bellamy somehow has to get involved. I start to drift off the sleep until I hear someone walking up to me. It was wells. He sat down beside me and just acted like we were best friends. "What do you think your doing?"
"Uh nothing just sitting here thought it would be nice to get to know each other. You know since you stuck up for me with your brother and Bellamy."
"One, I didn't stick up for you. I just put Bellamy and his stubbornness in their place. Two, your father killed my father. And you want to be friends. Huh. That's something I never heard of."
"It's not my fault your father violated the laws."
I rolled over and put my knee in his gut and the knife Murphy gave me to his throat. "You wanna say that again?"
Bellamy walks around the corner. "We can't kill him yet, Girl Murphy."
"It's Nova. Sunshine"
"Woah my apologies princess."
He pushed me off of wells and I got up and started walking back towards the bonfire. Bellamy grabbed my arm and turned with me, " what's your problem?"  I asked him.
" I know you don't like the way I do things but your gonna have to adapt."
I start walking towards the bonfire again but he starts walking with me and his grip doesn't loosen.
"I'm going need your to take that bracelet off."
I drop down to my knees and place my wrist on a rock and pick up a smaller rock and hit the wristband a fell times until it falls off. I pick the broken wristband up and hand it to Bellamy.
"Hows that? Can you let go of me now?"
I rip my arm out of his hand and walk towards Murphy. I tell him that I'm going to go look for more wood. But I didn't go too far because I knew Bellamy had something up his sleeve. He didn't come looking for me earlier he came looking for wells.

I was gathering wood when I saw Murphy and some other boys sneak off and I saw Bellamy head towards wells. I dropped the wood and started to walk after Bellamy but someone grabbed me by my waist. It was one of Bellamy goons.
"Hold up. Bellamy said you weren't allowed to get involved."
"Let go Atom. Im not going anywhere." I try to get out of his grip but he just holds on tighter.
"Hey! Don't touch her!" Murphy starts walking back towards me. Atom lets go of my waist. "Touch her again and you'll have to deal with me, got it?"
"I was just doing what Bellamy said."
"Your suppose to watch her not harass her."
I give murphy I look, he really left me with a babysitter. Murphy stared back at atom.
I walk back towards the camp and I hear murphy tell atom one last time to leave me alone but I could handle my own battles but at least I know that he has my back. Atom follows me back to everyone else and just stared at me the rest of the night.

After a few minutes of Atom staring he looks away for a split second and i dart into the forest. I wasn't going to find Murphy I just wanted to get out of Atoms view it was starting to get creepy. I found a flat spot a few yards away from everyone else and the leaves at the top were cleared just enough to where you could see the stars.

I laid there for 10 minutes until I heard scuffled feet  come towards me. And of course it was atom.
"Yay!" I sad sarcastically. "You found me." I start to get up to head back to camp but instead atom lays next to me.
"I've never seen real stars before."
"What are you doing?"  I asked him, I thought he would make me head back towards camp.
"We'll you obviously don't want to be in there and if I take you back your just gonna find another way to sneak off so why even try?" He laid  there and looked at the stars with me. No one said a word. It was peaceful, calm and quiet. I started to drift asleep while gazing at the stars.