01- The Ground

"Prisoner 163. Stand and face the wall with your hands on your head." The male guard announced loudly before opening the doors. I got up and face the back of my cell and place my hands on the back of my head.
The guard handcuffs my hands together behind my back and sets my down on the bench. "Dr. Griffin is here for your monthly check in." She walks in and smiles with her medical kit in hand. "Hello Nova, how are you feeling."
"I'm fine." I respond. I am not in the mood for this right now. They haven't even gave me my meal yet.
"Let's check your vitals and that leg of yours, shall we?"
She untangles her stethoscope and checks my heartbeat, my breathing and pulls out a tiny flashlight and shines it in my eyes.
"Looks good. How does your leg feel?"
"It's okay. It only hurts in the morning when I wake up."
"That's normal. It's only because your blood wasn't circulating as much as it does in the day."
She stands up and walks over to the door and bangs on it twice. The guard opens up the door and stares me down
"I'll see you next month Nova. " Dr. Griffin walks out of my cell and they slam the door behind her.
This next part is in 3rd person omniscient to tell you about Novas back ground.
   The young 17 year old girl who had been trapped since 13 only wants to see her family one last time. Nova is an illegal child but her family has kept it a secret for years until her brother and her blew their secret one night. The siblings set a guards living quarters on fire. They were getting revenge for their father, that guard is the one who arrested him. When they got caught the Chancellor found out that they were twins. They were both sent to the sky box and were sentenced to be reviewed at 18 but they both know that means they'll be floated. Her father was arrested and floated for stealing drugs for her addict mother and her mother drank herself to death after blaming her children for her husbands death. But all of that is about to change.
Now it is back in Novas point of view.

The door clicked again but when the guard opened the door he didn't have food. When were they going to bring me food I am starving.
"Stand up and face the wall with you hands above your head."
This is abnormal. I could hear the other prisoners yelling and screaming. I slowly turned and placed my hands on my head like earlier and the guard hand cuffed me and turned me around to face the door. We started walking towards the door. All of the other prisoners were being escorted out of their cells as well. But I noticed that it was only kids being released. I looked to my right and I saw Dr. Griffin with a blonde headed girl who seemed to be freaking out. Dr. Griffin grabbed her by the face and and calmed her down, then she poked something in her neck and the laid her on a medical bed. I was escorted right behind the girls medical bed. They walked us towards an area where we had to sit in these seats and strap in. It looked like a drop ship. Why would they be putting us in a dropship. There's no way that they are gonna send us to Earth. And why us teenage criminals? The got everybody on the dropship and I heard the main door shut close. I looked beside me and to my right I saw a boy with goggles on his head and to my left I saw a little girl that's was way younger than me. She looked so young and scared.
"Do you know what's happening?" I ask her. She looks up at me with her big eyes and says.
"They're sending us down to Earth to see if its habitable."
"They're sending us down here to die." A boy said that was next to her. I look at him with a deathly glare. Then I look back towards her.
"Your gonna be fine. I'll make sure of it."
I look around to see is my brother was one of the 'lucky ' few that get to take this joy ride. I don't see him but I do see the blonde headed girl and she's awake now. Then a tv screen turns on with big fat Chancellor Jahas face on it. He explains what we were doing on the dropship but no one is paying attention. Instead they're all yelling, "your dad sucks wells." Then the rest of the kids start yelling with him. Then one boy with long brown hair unbuckled and starts floating around. Two more boys follow him by unbuckling. One of the boys is the one beside the little girl I was talking to earlier. Then the tv shutoffs and the dropship shakes violently and everyone screams. The dropship keeps shaking and the lights flicker on and off and I could see the boys who were once floating were now rising and dropping fastly. With one final shake the dropship hit something with a large thud. Everyone's screaming stopped and so did the other 2 boys hearts. The first boy who unbuckled was still alive and was bending over the boys motionless body. The boy looks at the blonde girl and shakes his head. The blonde girl turns to her right to a darker skinned boy and says, " shut up wells"
Wells. Oh that's wells Jaha. How did he get sent down here with the rest of us. He's the chancellors kid. Some kids start yelling on the first level. I unbuckle quickly and so does everyone else. I climb down the ladder onto the first level. I wade through the crowd and at the main door is a tall, strong young man, with black slicked black haired with a natural tan to his skin tone. He's either my age or a year older. Then a girl on the ladder yells,
"Bellamy?"
The young guy looked at her, "Octavia?"
The girl ran to him and hugged him tight. They started talking but I could care less what they were saying. I looked around again for my brother but I couldn't see him. He may still be on the Ark. The whispers knock me out of my thoughts.
"She's the girl who hid under the floor." The person next to me told me. I didn't know what that meant, I didn't even know any of these people. I've trapped in the skybox since 13. But then the whispers turn into whisper about Bellamy. And how he was ruthless to protect his sister.
"What? What does that mean?" I asked the boy.
"She is the illegal child that they hid under the floor for 16 years."
So she's an illegal child too. Bellamy started reaching for the main door lever to open the door but the blonde haired girl stepped up and told him about radiation. If we open the door without testing the air the radiation could kill us. But Bellamy didn't listen he opened the doors and we all stood there in awe of the tall trees with green leaves and green grass. The sunshine shined into the dropship and the air... the air was amazing it was fresh, you could breath it all in. Octavia started walking towards the edge and jumped off the 2 foot ledge and yelled,
"WERE BACK!"
Everyone started running out of the dropship and jumping and hollering in the green forest. I walked to the entrance of the dropship and just breathed the air in. I looked to my left and Bellamy was still standing there by the lever. I wanted to mess with him a little bit.
"So your the legendary Bellamy." I say while looking him up and down. "People say your force not to be wrecked with. I don't see it." I walked off and started to smirk and went to sit with girl I was sitting by on the dropship.