"I'll call you later"

5:29 AM

Harry knew he had to open his eyes soon. His mind was awake to start a whole new week, but his body was begging him to sleep a little more, to stay under the warm duvet till the alarm goes off-

5:30 AM

It went off a little sooner than he wanted to. Harry just shut the thing off and sat on the bed. He knew if he stayed there a second longer he would fall back asleep and being a teacher he couldn't afford to be late.

Pouring himself a cup of coffee after he did his morning routine was somewhat calming, the smell itself was waking him up. He smiled, remembering last night, staying awake to watch AMAs, remembering forcing his eyes open to watch his baby go on the stage and get his prize, what he deserved.

There was no question that they went out last night celebrating their win with other guys, so instead of calling Zayn right away when he woke up, he decided to let the guy sleep till at least noon.

Driving to the school, Harry did his best to stop his mind from wandering around the dreams he had last night, there was nothing to fear. There was nothing to be scared of, Zayn promised him, he promised it would never happen again. He was broken once and Zayn picked up the pieces, the pieces he shattered himself, but the promises were so sweet, he couldn't help but believe the words of the person who he fell in love with when he was 16.

There was alcohol for sure, drugs? Most definitely. He just hoped sex was not in the options too.

With a forced smile, Harry walked into the school, He was a little tired, nothing math couldn't fix though.

Another bright smile made its way to his face when he remembered why he got so good at math in the first place, the memory of him always helping Zayn out with his math homework, all the times they spent in the library, Zayn trying to run away from the assignments and Harry forcing him to complete them.

Harry was not a nerd, but he had to become one for Zayn's sake. One of them had to plan their future.

A frown formed on Harry's face, shaking his head when he recalled all of his plans for them, Zayn wanted to be an English teacher, Harry wanted to be a math teacher, Harry was where he was supposed to be, where he always dreamed to be, Zayn was too far away though. Both from the plan and from Harry.

A long-distance relationship is a bitch.

He tried to be as focused as he could be during his teaching session. He tried to ignore the constant stress in his gut like something wasn't right, he smiled through it all though, he patiently answered every question, making sure no one would notice what's going on in his mind.

When the bell rang and the class was empty in seconds. Harry knew he couldn't wait till noon to call Zayn, so he picked his phone and FaceTime him, all he needed to was to see his face, to see where he was.

To see with whom he was.

Harry was biting on his nails, staring at the small screen of his phone waiting for Zayn's face to pop up, but the strangest thing happened, Zayn declined the call.

There was a cold sweat forming on Harry's neck when he realized what it could mean, he shook his head, he didn't want to think of the worst-case scenario, but then he received a text.

I'll call you later.

Short, but it was enough to tear Harry apart. Why didn't he want to talk right now? Why would he decline the call when he was awake?

There was a knock on the door that pulled Harry away out of his thoughts. There she was, one of the oldest teachers in the school, one of the kindest. Mrs. Wilson.