19

Blake closed the door, leaving us alone together in the dining room. He was covered in the man's blood, some even dripping from his hands. I looked where he had grabbed me and saw a bloody handprint. It was everywhere. He looked like he was about to explode with anger.

"The maids are really gonna hate cleaning this up," I tried to laugh. I was alone with someone that I just watched kill someone and he was angry. He slowly turned to me with a thoughtful look.

"That's your concern right now?" He asked quietly. He sounded genuinely interested in why I would say something like that. He slowly started walking closer. Some of his hair had fallen onto his forehead and there were splatters of blood on his face and shirt.

"Well," I struggled to put words together. "Actually, no."

He gave me that puzzled look he'd been doing since my return. Like he couldn't quite figure me out. Like a lion, curiously watching its prey and trying to decide why it doesn't run away.

"Then tell me," he stood so close I could feel his breath on me. I tried to step back but only found the wall. He raised one of his bloody hands and gently touched the side of my throat. "What are you thinking right now?"

"I- Uhm," my mind went blank. I couldn't think what to tell him.

"What is it?" He traced his fingers along my throat and I knew there would be a trail of blood. Part of me was afraid and disgusted by the blood, but another part of me was so distracted by the way he was touching me, that I couldn't remember how to breathe.

"Uhm," I forgot what he had even asked. He gently wrapped his hand around my throat and smiled at me. His lips were so close to mine that I felt his every breath. I swallowed hard, trying to think of anything else. "Have I gone crazy?"

"Maybe a little," he lightly chuckled, still not moving away from me.

"The blood," I tried to speak but found myself struggling.

"If you're so bothered by it, why are you enjoying it so much?" He smirked down at me before leaning in to whisper in my ear. "Maybe you've gone crazy... Or maybe, just maybe... You like it when I hurt people. Just a little."

I felt a war inside myself. I was panicking, not because of the blood or the dangerous way he held me, but because of how much this made me want him in all the wrong ways. He was right. I liked the way he touched me and I liked that side of him.

"It suits you," he said letting me go. He clenched his jaw as he turned away. "I like what that does to you."

"I- Uhm- No," I stuttered to defend my morality. "No, I don't like it."

He smirked, knowing I was lying, and started unbuttoning his shirt as he opened the door. He took off the blood-stained shirt and wiped his face and hands before looking back at me expectantly. He raised a brow and smirked.

"Come on," he held out an almost clean hand. "Let's get you cleaned up."

I couldn't explain how I felt. I knew blood was disgusting and could carry disease. For several days I'd been having nightmares about blood, but somehow I found myself unbothered by it and wanting more from him.

I followed him out of the room and up the stairs. He didn't speak, but he walked with a proud smirk on his face. He seemed so relaxed now. He walked with a kind of triumph in his step.

"Are you bothered by it?" He asked without looking at me. He opened the bedroom door and guided me inside.

"By what?" I asked looking back at him.  He closed the door and started walking to me.

"By this?" He pushed me back against the bedpost. "By how much you like it? You do like it, don't you?"

I nodded but didn't speak. The way his hands moved over me left me breathless.

"I thought so," he smiled as he leaned in again. The part of me that wanted this felt tortured wanting to kiss him, but the rest of me knew I should want to leave. His face was inches from mine. "Do you want me to stop?"

I didn't know how to answer. I just stared up at him. He waited a moment and I found myself looking at his lips. It had been so long since he kissed me. He leaned closer and put his hand on my cheek, gently guiding my face up to his.

"Are you going to stop me?" He spoke so gently like he wanted me to know it was okay to say stop.

"No," I whispered. His lips crashed into mine and I couldn't stop myself from melting into his embrace. I knew I shouldn't, but this was all I could focus on.

I kissed him back and leaned into him. His hands found my hips and started running up my shirt. I didn't want him to stop.

"Sir," someone knocked on the door. He stepped back with a heavy sigh.

"What?" He snapped, yelling towards the door. He still had his hands on my sides. His fingers dug into my bare skin.

"Sir," the voice sounded nervous. "We've found the emails. Th-they mention her."

"What about her?" Blake let me go and stormed toward the door. He yanked it open and the man outside seemed to shake where he stood.

"Th-that," he stuttered before just shoving a stack of papers out in front of him. "Here they are, sir."

Blake took the paper and closed the door on the man without another word. He started skimming the pages and his jaw stayed clenched. He looked up at me after a moment.

"Go take a shower," he nodded to his bathroom. "I have things to deal with."

I started to leave but he put an arm out and caught me around the waist. He looked up from the papers to my face with a raised brow.

"Use my shower," he said lightly pushing me back towards his bathroom. He looked back to the papers in his hands and started walking to the door. "Do not leave my room, Jade."