Chapter 31

Back to Evelyn's P.O.V :

Currently, I'm sitting at another tea party that I've hosted but instead of inviting nobles to the siren nobles I have invited werewolves nobles who became famous through their work in the Nauloria Empire.

Though as the princess I should acknowledge the status of the sirens in Nauloria I cannot dismiss the werewolves' lives here.

Statistically speaking, there are 80% of werewolves were integrated into Nauloria Empire by similar facilities like Moonlight Sanctuary.

Sirens discovered werewolves around the 1800's so back in that time sirens started developing a romantic relationship with werewolves that lead to an increase of siren-werewolf hybrids.

With the siren-werewolf hybrid, there is an interesting game of genetics. Some who have been gifted with the ability to smell scents like werewolves are the ones who can find soulmates but they don't receive a lifespan of the siren, in Nauloria they marry in their 20's to live for a thousand years.

Others, who aren't blessed with the ability to find a soulmate they get to live longer and they usually marry around 100's -200's like most sirens usually do.

Nonetheless, I have invited hybrids who may be interested to establish an organization that would continue helping she-wolves after they married a siren.

"Besides having marriage counseling, I think there should be child protective services, your highness." One of the she-wolves said.

"Can you elaborate more on the child protective services," I said with curiosity as I sipped on caramel flavored tea.

"They are families that adopt motherless children from Moonlight Sanctuary, things can get escalated when the children reach teenagehood, it's better to have someone that will be there for the parents and the child," Lady explained her position and I nodded.

I put my teacup on my table then I put my arms in the position where my both hands reached the other hand's fingertips.

"In that case, we indeed need to set up an organization that would help the family who adopted the werewolf." I agreed with the idea and then I continued.

"I guess that sums up, there are a lot of things we need to think through before setting up the organization, so more meetings will be required. On that note, we can call it a day." I suggested and everybody agreed.

The tea party took longer than expected but at least I know the everyday problems that werewolves face after they've been integrated into Nauloria.

Now the only thing that is left is how to implement it into practice.

I hope the organization not only helps werewolves with the common problem but also it would build a sense of community in this Empire.

I asked the staff to escort my guests and then I went to my favorite place in the house.

The Library.

I wished I could have rented a house instead of living in the packhouse, but then I would have to worry about security, cleaning, and cooking while in the packhouse it was easier to clean my room. Also in the kitchen, if I had time I would join in to help to prepare the meal, and then I will get my share of the meal.

I don't know if it's the layout or the interior design but this place always inspires me to learn. As if the library became my office space. Though it's kinda unfair to Kai since he has a fraction of the space on the 6th floor, I guess he doesn't have a choice.

Before I went to Library, I went to my room to change into a more comfortable outfit. I walked downstairs instead of using the library.

In the library, I've found Kai reading some papers on the couch.