Chapter 9

Naomi's POV
"So. Do you um have a um a you know a boyfriend?" Brooklyn asked me so nervously.

"No. I used to but he was a jerk and never mind I won't bore you with that."

"No no tell me I want to know."

"Um. Ok. So I was going out with this guy named Jake and we were great together. He was a great boyfriend nice, and everything. But around our 1 year anniversary he was acting kinda shady. I thought it was just that maybe he was planning something but it turns out he was cheating on me with one of my best friends, Natalie. So yeah."

"Wow. That guy is a jerk. He doesn't deserve to have had you." Brooklyn said with disappointment in his tone.

"Well yeah. So do you have a girlfriend?" I asked kinda hoping he said no

"No I don't. But I do have my eye on one girl."

"Well good luck. I think you'll need it."

"Would you like dessert?" Brooklyn asked me

"Um no thanks I'm kinda full. That burger was big."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Ok." Then he made a signal for the check. Then as the waiter put it down I grabbed it.

"Um. What are you doing?" Brooklyn looked at me confused

"I'm paying." I said like it was nothing. And it really wasn't.

"No. I'm paying." he said taking the bill from my hand.

"Alright but I'll pay my half."

"No. I'm paying it's alright. I invited you so I pay."

"Fine."

He payed and we left. He took my hand again and didn't let go until we got to the car. And there was definitely paparazzi. I felt kinda uncomfortable with a bunch of people I don't know taking pictures of me and asking me questions. Brooklyn told me,

"Don't answer any of their questions just stay quit ok?"

"Okay."

We got to the car and Brooklyn told the driver to go to the beach. And we were off. I decided I should probably text my mom and let her know.

N: Hey Momma I'm going to the beach with Brooklyn to play some soccer. Xoxo.
Momma: Ok honey be careful. Be safe. Text me if anything happens or if you need anything ok. Xoxo.
N: K love you.
I loved my mom she was so cool. Well some of the time.

"So are you just staying here for the summer or are you like living here?" I asked Brooklyn. I was kinda curious to know if he was going to be here a long time I didn't want to get too attached to him and then be disappointed.

"I think we're actually moving here because my mom has a lot of fashion stuff she wants to work on and she's open a store here in New York so we are transferring here for school and stuff. We all also have some modeling things we have to get done."

"That's cool. What grade are you going into this coming semester?"

"I'm going to 11th grade."

"Really. Me too."

"Well maybe since you are so smart you can help me with some of my school work. I bet some things are different here in America."

"Yeah I think it is. But I would love to help you."

"Awesome. So tell me about your school life."

"Well um I'm not like the popular girl or anything but I know people in my school and I'm friendly to them. I'm in AP classes so some people try to make me do their homework but I never do. I can be very sarcastic, and some of my friends don't like it but I still do it. And I love coffee never leave the house without it. Yeah pretty much. Nothing a lot to it."

"Wow you are seriously like so perfect."

"Thank you? So Brooklyn tell me about you. I don't know that much about you."

"Well I used to play for Arsenal Academy but they let me go because I didn't pass this test thing. I'm in normal classes in school. And I can also be sarcastic. Yeah there isn't much to me either."

"So what type of music do you like?" It was kind awkward because we didn't have much to talk about.

"Well I like a mix of everything. Sam Smith,"

"Me too he's awesome. He is seriously one of my favorites. Sorry, I cut you off."

"It's ok. I also like the 1975, arctic monkeys, Katy Perry you know people like them."

"Me too. I also really like The Beatles. They're amazing and legendary. A lot of my friends think I'm weird because I like them they think I'm very vintage and have an old soul, just because I don't like the music they listen to about butts."

"Right. The Beatles are so cool. I actually have one of their records for my record player. Maybe you would like to see it when we get home."

"That would be so cool. Thanks." I can't believe he listens to The Beatles he's so amazing.

"Oh and by the way you aren't weird for liking them You aren't the only one. You just have better taste in music then your friends."
That made me blush a little. We actually have so much in common. We got to the beach and he did the same thing helping me get out of the car as he did at the restaurant.

"So do you have a soccer ball with you or?"

"Of course I do. When your dad is an ex-
football player we always keep an extra football at our car or anywhere for that matter."

"Cool. Lets go."

"I'm gonna beat you so bad." Brooklyn said to me as we were on our way to the little soccer field at the beach.

"Yeah sure you just keep on thinking that. You've never seen me play."

"Well I'm positive that I'm going to win." He said very cockily.
I ended up winning 9 to 5.

"So how do you feel that you lost to me?"

"I let you win."

"No you didn't you even got mad because you lost."

"Yeah well it happened and now we get over it."

"Okay okay. You wanna get some ice cream?"

"Yeah sure." We were walking on the sand when suddenly I tripped and tripped Brooklyn too and we both fell to the ground. But he was on top of me.

"Uh sorry." I said kinda shyly. Then before I knew it we were kissing.