Icarus - Chapter 19

Rose: "Michiru! What are you doing here?"

Michiru: "I'm feeling better and am ready to help!"

Shirou: "You won't feel any better once those painkillers wear off, but whatever."

Shirou gets up and goes over to Michiru, removing her head bandage, revealing an already quite healed bruise and black eye.

Nazuna: "Oh Michiru you look-"

Shirou: "She's healing, she'll be alright. Come sit."

Michiru follows Shirou to the table where he, Mayor Rose, and Nazuna are sitting and takes a seat.

Rose: "So Michiru, to get you up to speed, we found out that (Y/N) was separated from his car and was last seen running into an abandoned apartment complex."

Michiru: "So this is it! This is our chance to get (Y/N) back!"

Rose: "Correct! So, now the plan is to send you, Shirou, and Nazuna out to the building. You and Shirou will go inside together to look for (Y/N) and Nazuna will keep watch outside."

Michiru: "Sounds like a plan!"

The crew then finds themselves at the building (Y/N) is supposedly inside. They all look up at how tall the building is and Michiru gulps.

Shirou: "I'm gonna bet we're gonna find him on the top floor."

Michiru: "Just our luck huh?"

Nazuna: "You guys ready?"

Shirou and Michiru: "Mhm."

Nazuna opens the door and Shirou and Michiru walk inside the building with Nazuna closing the door behind them. It becomes pitch black inside, but they turn on the flashlights Mayor Rose provided.

Shirou suddenly hands Michiru something and she shines the light on it, it's a pistol.

Michiru: "Shirou! What is this for?"

Shirou: "You never know what he could do. Use it to save yourself if he gets aggressive-"

Michiru: "But he's gonna get hurt!"

Shirou: "Think of it as that's not (Y/N), only an imposter taking the form of someone you trust since... well... that's what he is. Now let's go."

Shirou steps forward and Michiru follows beside him. Looking through hallways, banging on doors, climbing stairwells, and yelling out (Y/N)'s name.

Coincidentally, the two seekers find themselves on the top floor, walking down the last hallway.

Michiru: "I don't know if he's really here..."

Shirou stops for a second and sniffs the air, then his expression suddenly changes

Shirou: "Get back now!"

Shirou pulls Michiru behind him and suddenly someone bursts through one of the doors, holding a shotgun. It's (Y/N). He takes one look at Shirou and blasts him right in the stomach with the shotgun.

Shirou: "ARGH-!"

Shirou falls down and clenches his bleeding stomach.

Michiru: "SHIROU!"

Shirou: "GO! RUN! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

(Y/N) looks straight at Michiru and drops the shotgun and says, with a snarl:

Y/N: "You're mine!"

Michiru turns and runs down the hall, but (Y/N) isn't too far behind, she only gets down one flight of stairs before getting tackled and wrestled onto the ground.