Daten-shi - Chapter 9

The next day, you're standing outside the beastman cooperative. Just staring at your Mustang, all messed up and in need of some serious elbow grease. You open the trunk and take out a bag of tools, a jack, and jack stands. You open up the hood and take a look at the engine first. It's all mangled and covered in oil and radiator coolant. The turbo and some piping survived though, so you unbolt the pipes and turbo, setting it down on the sidewalk.

You quickly walk inside the beastman cooperative and grab the vacuum cleaner, walking past Gem and Melissa chatting and go right outside. You start to vacuum up all the broken glass and any other glass that's hanging off a thread. Then you jack up the car and place all four jack stands down to keep it up. You get underneath and start unbolting the exhaust and disconnect the driveline from the transmission.

Michiru: "Hey (Y/N)! Having any luck?"

Y/N: "Yeah I think so. Worst things I'll have to do is repaint it and find a new engine and transmission."

Michiru: "What happened to your engine?"

Y/N: "Well... I was driving it and I fucked up my second gear, which caused a piston to enter orbit."

Michiru: "Ouch-"

Y/N: "Yeah..."

Michiru stood there for a moment, then broke the silence.

Michiru: "So... Are you okay?"

Y/N: "... Why are you asking me that?"

Michiru: "Well... You don't believe in the silver wolf and... he's real. Shirou is the silver wolf."

Y/N: "Yeah... about that."

Michiru: "Hm?"

You crawl out from underneath the car, your face covered in oil and grease and look up at Michiru.

Y/N: "I wondered why the silver wolf never came to save my family, but now I know, it's because he has something against me."

Michiru: "I'm sorry, but trust me, I've tried to get a straight answer from him as to why he hates you, but he just won't. I don't think that would stop him from saving your family though, maybe it's the fact you were overseas?"

Y/N: "Maybe..."

Michiru: "Maybe you should try asking him."

Y/N: "Maybe. Or he'll just avoid the question. Who knows?"

Michiru kneels down to you.

Michiru: "You won't know until you ask."

Y/N: "Yeah you're right."

Michiru: "You could also try being more open with him. He might feel sympathy for you and maybe not hate you anymore."

Y/N: "I don't wanna make him feel bad for me though, that just doesn't seem right."

Michiru: "I'm not saying you'll make him feel bad, just try being more open with him, as if he were... a friend. Or me."

Y/N: "I guess..."

Michiru takes the tool out of your hand and sits down in front of you, grabbing both of your hands and smiling.

Michiru: "Don't think about it too much, I know this is going to be hard for you to get used to."

Y/N: "Thanks Michi... I love you."

Michiru: "I love you too~"

You and Michiru kiss for a moment, then let each other go and Michiru stands up.

Michiru: "I'm going out to take care of something. I'll help you with your car later, okay?"

Y/N: "Alright. You don't have to though."