Pedal to the Metal - Chapter 4

You and Michiru finished your lunches and you both went on with your day. Eventually exchanging phone numbers before you both went to bed. You're sleeping on a cot at the moment, but Melissa is going to get you a mattress, luckily, you won't be on this cot for long, since the clock just struck 11:30 and the alarm on your phone goes off, waking you up.

Y/N: "Ugh... What..? Oh right..!"

You quickly shuffle into your clothes and sneak out the door and into the nighttime streets of Anima City. You slip into the Mustang and start it up, pulling away from the Beastman cooperative.

You slowly start to realize, you don't know where Rabbit Town is, so you keep driving around, looking. Eventually, you see someone on the side of the road, so you decide to just ask them.

Y/N: "Excuse me? Do you know where Rabbit Town is?"

The mysterious figure turns to you. You can't see their face... and probably for the better.

???: "Take a left at the next light. Rabbit Town is just down there."

They point to the next traffic light. You thank them and follow their directions. Eventually you find yourself driving under a broken sign. Rabbit Town.

Y/N: "This doesn't look like a town for rabbits-"

As you drive through the tight passes, it opens up some more and there's a good sized crowd standing there, blasting music and cars revving their engines. Here we go.

???: "Stop right there."

Suddenly a knife is put by your neck and you slam the brakes, looking over to who owns it. There's a hooded tiger standing there, bearing their teeth.

???: "Relax, Anna! I know him!"

You recognize the voice. It's Aimi. Anna pulls her knife away.

Aimi: "Hey (Y/N), glad you could make it~."

Y/N: "Yeah... Very glad."

Aimi is in her beast form, she looks like a tabby cat.

Aimi: "So- You're the new kid, so we need to go through standard procedure."

Y/N: "Is it like... a roster or something?"

Aimi: "Correct! Except it also lists what you drive and how much power it's making. You're bunched up with other vehicles with similar specs, so it's really all about the driver."

Y/N: "I thought this was a lot more barbari-"

Suddenly there's a gunshot and the crowd cheers.

Y/N: "Nevermind. I take that back."

Aimi: "Maybe bring a bulletproof vest next time, huh?"

Y/N: "Sounds like I'll have to."

Aimi: "Anyway- I've already got your name down~ Now I just need a photo of you and your car... Also, it's specs."

Y/N: "Well, it makes around 260 horsepower and 350 foot-pounds of torque, it's got a 3.3 liter inline-6, 3-speed automatic transmission, and it weighs just over a ton."

Aimi: "Beautiful~ Now... Smile!"

Aimi takes out her phone and takes a photo of you. You didn't have enough time to smile, but she just rolls with it. She then goes in front of your car and takes a picture of the front.

Aimi: "Alright we've got you on record. Get out there and make some cash! See ya~!"

Aimi skips off and you go to find a place to park. You park next to all the other cars and step out. They all have their hoods open, so you decide to open yours as well, showing off your DIY engine bay. It's not the best looking, but all the mods are clear to see.