Iron Soul - Chapter 18

There was a quick moment of silence right after the Mustang disappeared from view, right before Michiru screams out.

Michiru: "Y/N!!!!!!!"

Shirou's wounds had healed and he gets up and helps up Michiru, she's bawling her eyes out with scrapes and bruises all over her body.

Michiru: "H-How could this happen..?"

Shirou: "I don't know, why would they take him?"

Nazuna comes back with a platoon of police cars, but it's too late. (Y/N) is gone and so is the Mustang.

Yuji: "We missed it..."

Michiru: "sniff... They took (Y/N)... THEY TOOK (Y/N)!"

Yuji: "Woah Michiru, you look really banged up, we should get you admitted into the hospital-"

Michiru: "No... I'm not going there."

Nazuna: "But you're hurt-"

Michiru: "I'm not going anywhere that's ran by Sylvaesta!"

Michiru growls angrily as she tries to stand up on her own, but her legs collapse and she falls on her knees.

Michiru: "Argh-!"

Shirou: "Let's get you back home."

Shirou picks up Michiru and Nazuna follows as they start walking back to the beastman cooperative. The police begin searching for (Y/N) as they do so.

Back at the beastman Cooperative, Michiru is up in her room, crying on her bed, scrolling through pictures of her and (Y/N) on her phone. Nazuna enters the room, unknowingly to Michiru.

Michiru: "I'm gonna find you (Y/N)... I promise..."

Nazuna: "Are you okay..?"

Michiru jumps and turns to face Nazuna, she quickly wipes her eyes and puts her phone down.

Michiru: "Yeah I'm fine. What's up?"

Nazuna: "You don't seem fine. You do realize you can tell me right?"

Michiru takes a deep breath.

Michiru: "I don't know what they're gonna do to (Y/N)... All I know is it's probably not good..."

Nazuna: "Hey... Maybe we can look for him together. Would that make you feel better?"

Michiru: "It would be nice to have some help..."

Nazuna: "Then it's a deal, I'll help you look for (Y/N)."

Michiru: "Thanks Nazuna."

They both smile and embrace each other.

Later that night, Michiru's legs felt better, so her and Nazuna sneak out and onto the empty streets, running with their flashlights.

Michiru: "So here's the plan! If we see the car and it attacks us we fly away!"

Nazuna: "Got it!"

As they keep running, they only see some stray beastmen also running along the streets, searching for shelter. As Nazuna and Michiru are running, they pass a sports store that's been abandoned. Michiru stops and signals to Nazuna.

Michiru: "Keep watch okay?"

Nazuna: "Okay."

Michiru goes inside the store. She can now take pretty much anything with it being abandoned. She grabs two metal baseball bats, batters helmets, and two pairs of black gloves with rubber grips. Michiru puts on the helmet and gloves, but then she hears the sound of tires screeching.