A Change of Pace - Chapter 13

You're slowly awoken by the sound of Michiru pleading with Gem and Melissa, you decide to listen in.

Michiru: "Please don't call them! They're gonna throw him in jail and then who knows what's gonna happen to him!?"

Gem: "Michiru he's a criminal, he's even committed hate crimes against the church of the silver wolf!"

Melissa: "He needs to be locked away, I know he's your friend, but he's not a good person!"

Michiru: "No that's not true! (Y/N) is a great person! He's just under a lot of stress right now, please please please don't call the police!"

Gem: "Fine, but if we feel threatened in any way by him, we're calling the cops."

Michiru: "He won't be threatening, I promise!"

Gem and Melissa walk away and Michiru breathes a sigh of relief. You sit up and look over at her.

Y/N: "Thanks Michi."

Michiru quickly turns around and runs to you, jumping on you and wrapping you in a tight hug.

Michiru: "(Y/N)! I'm so glad you're okay! They were gonna call the police on you!"

You hug Michiru back and rub her back.

Y/N: "Thanks for getting them not to, I have a lot of work to do now heheh..."

Michiru: "What work?"

Y/N: "I need to get my car back... and I don't know where Shirou went."

Michiru: "Where did you last see him?"

Y/N: "We were on a boat with the mayor, he just jumped in the water... The mayor said she was planning on disbanding anima city to spread out the beastmen so Alan can't distribute his vaccine."

Michiru: "What?! Why would she do that? Anima city is a great place for beastmen and the vaccine will only make things better!"

Y/N: "Alan doesn't care for us beastmen, he doesn't care that we're 'gonna kill each other', all he cares about is eradicating beastmen so only humans can dominate!"

Michiru: "But it's a matter of life or death-"

Y/N: "I'd rather die than become a human..."

Michiru: "But... I'm a human... and you love me..."

Michiru's expression quickly changed from happy to... hurt.

Y/N: "You're an exception, but humans are just greedy and all they care about is domination over us beastmen. They use us for labor and they abuse us without consequences. If anything, we're lucky to be in this current situation. If I were still in America, I'd be sweating my tail off in the southern sun tilling soil. Just because I'm a beastman."

Michiru: "I get that, but if Alan can't distribute this vaccine... then I can't be human again."

Y/N: "..."

You glared at Michiru.

Michiru: "I just want things to go back to normal..."

Y/N: "Once you and Nazuna go back to being human you're just going to leave us behind."

Michiru: "That's not true!"

Y/N: "Humans aren't allowed in Anima City! You can't stay here if you go back to being human."

Michiru: "I'll find a way to stay in this city, I never planned on leaving."

Something in your mind puts you off and you're not thinking straight.