Monster - Chapter 8

You're driving towards the races and park your Mustang in between some BMW's. Some rich kids tried to get you out of their BMW line, but just stepping out made them shut up and walk away.

Flip: "Alright Tanuki. There's going to be a lot of money bet today, so there's a good chance you'll be getting more money tonight than any other night."

Y/N: "Perfect."

Suddenly Aimi comes up to you both and waves.

Aimi: "Heyyy~! Nice outfit, (Y/N)~."

Y/N: "Thanks."

Aimi: "Ok so have you done any mods since last time?"

Y/N: "Yup. Added a turbo and now we're making 345 horsepower and 450 pounds of torque."

Aimi: "Wow~ Making your way up I see!"

Aimi writes down on her clipboard.

Aimi: "Alright! Good luck~!"

Flip: "You're gonna be up soon. Work your magic, kid."

You nod to Flip and a grin appears on your face. He walks away to bet and you get called up along with someone else.

Announcer: "(Y/N) AND LILBROKER ARE UP TO RACE! 1967 FORD MUSTANG MAKING 345 HORSEPOWER VERSUS 2020 SUBARU WRX STI MAKING 350 HORSEPOWER! CAN THE ALL WHEEL DRIVE BEAT OUT THE TORQUE?"

You jump in the mustang and set up your phone to record the race. As you're driving to the line you notice the plush Michiru got you sitting on the floor behind you. You reach for it and stick it on the dashboard, leaning on the windshield so it doesn't fall. You even give it a little pat. You line up beside the Subaru and another flamingo comes up, ready to wave the flag. You turn up the boost regulator to 25 pounds of boost and start revving up.

Nina: "Hi, (Y/N)!"

Y/N: "NINA WHAT-"

Nina appeared out of nowhere in your car and is delightfully sitting in the passenger seat. The flamingo is about to wave the flag so you quickly buckle up Nina and let go of the brakes as the flags go down. You and the Subaru launch off the line hard and Nina is thrown back in her seat.

Nina: "AAAAAAH-"

Y/N: "Just hold on!"

You and the WRX are battling down the first straight, bumper to bumper, full speed into the first corner. You brake for the corner, but the Subaru slides into it, ultimately being slower and you pass right by it on the corner. You see the Subaru regain control from the slide and the driver pulls out a gun. Great. He starts shooting at you, trying to shoot out your tires, but it's no use.

Nina: "I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!"

Y/N: "Duck down!"

Nina ducks and the rear window shatters, and a loud PING sound comes from your head. The bullet must've hit your helmet.

Y/N: "Jesus fucking christ-"