{25}- To Help a Friend | Y/N vs Garfiel

Start from the beginning

"Woah! Y/N! where did you come from?!" Subaru yelped as I gave him a head chop.

"You went on to have all the fun with your plan, leaving me out?" I faked an expression of sadness, before returning to my original expression. "Anyways, the attack on the mansion will happen within three days, right? Let me take care of that."

"The attack on the mansion? You want me to entrust you with that? I'm not saying I'm doubting you, the a mabeast user and the Bowel Hunter are really dangerous opponents..."

"Don't worry, I will not go without a plan, Subaru. I know what I'm doing. However, before you do that, let me join in on the plan to delay Garfiel while you do your thing."

"How will you delay Garfiel? I know I plan on having Ram and Otto join in on the plan, but how do you want to help them?"

"Do you want to see this? I'm sure it will scare you, but are you sure about this?" I asked him, but Subaru just looked confused as he told me to show it.

"Okay then... here we go!" I shouted as I punched towards the sky, and the Imperceptible Extensions bursted forth from my shoulders, acting as a second pair of arms as Subaru widened his eyes at the sight, backing away in fear as I quickly waved my arms in peace.

"Calm down, Subaru! I'm not going to hurt you!" I shouted, and Subaru shouted back in fear.

"What do you mean! Betelgeuse possessed you! How could you have... wait... is this because of the witch factor Echidna talked about?"

"Who's Echidna?" I said, feigning innocence as Subaru waved that thought away.

"The Sloth Witch Factor, that's what this is." I told him, leaving him surprised as he recognized the word. "You possess it as well. When a witch factor's holder dies, the witch factor will automatically find a new host. Usually, it would not split itself into two, so I don't know why. Subaru, make use of the power that dwells within you. Don't be afraid of it."

Subaru nodded, and I stopped the activation of the Authority of Sloth. "Subaru, I never told you what my powers are, right?"

"Well... I kinda just assumed you could use magic and now the Unseen Hand, but I don't know if you had anything else."

"Well, in order to build trust, it requires truth. So now, I'm going to show you." I said as I generated diamond by forming the triangular lattice structure of carbon atoms, and Subaru's eyes widened in surprise.

"My main one is Periodic Table Manipulation, which allows me to control and create elements from the Periodic Table. I can form basically any substance in existence, but it drains my stamina in return." I explained.

"Bro... how come you get such an overpowered ability, but I don't?" Subaru asked, now depressed. That was one reason I didn't want to tell him about my power, but now at least I have a counter argument.

"Subaru, you possess Return by Death. That ability alone is overpowered. You can save people who died, revert actions as many times as can. However, the Witches of Sin have consoled you about it, have they not?"

"I..." Subaru cut himself off, and nodded as he wiped his envy away. "Yes. I have a power. Then, let's change this world together for the better, Y/N."

"Glad to be along for the journey, my friend."

Timeskippu*

I hid in the forest, waiting for the right time to intercept the fight when Garfiel comes. Otto and Ram are stationed in front of me somewhere, while I waited in the shadows for Garfiel to appear and fight the latter.