Lexi sighed, unimpressed and this time slapped my stomach.

"Ouch," I said, theatrically, but smiled at her.

She just rolled her eyes.

"Hadn't I told you, you could stay home Blake?" my father said behind me, taking me by surprise.

For a second, I worried about what my father might say. He knew too much. "And miss this awesome show?"

"Now why the sarcasm?"

I raised an eyebrow. He was joking with me. He knew exactly what I was talking about. "Für Elise? Did you hear that? Please tell me that wasn't one of your students?"

"Well, no it wasn't but you know what? If you want to have the right to complain maybe you should have just performed yourself," Dad replied.

That felt like more of a slap in the face than he had intended, I was sure.

And more than I had anticipated.

Suddenly, I was faced wit the fact, in public that I'd giving up on playing the piano.

People didn't know this about me.

"I don't play anymore," I just replied.

"And that's a shame because you had talent," Dad added. It wasn't the first time he made such an off-hand comment. I knew exactly what my father thought about me not playing piano. Especially when I played football instead.

For him I had my priorities all out of whack.

Dad finally turned his attention to Vanessa instead of me. "Thank you dear for the help you provided to the students, I heard they were very happy to have you around."

"I should be the one thanking you for working things out with my school and for taking care of everything, you didn't need to," she answered with a smile.

"Well, it was important for Blake, so it was important for me," Dad said,

Yes, I was the architect of my boyfriend's betrayal apparently.

Then before Dad went to talk with other people, he made a show of saying, "Try to sleep tonight son. You need it."

I knew he was telling me this because he cared about me, but it just felt like he was judging me at that moment, and I felt like a useless son again, and I had once again another thing to talk to Doctor Boseman during my next session.

"Yeah Blake, listen to your dad and sleep," Lexi added, hitting her shoulder playfully with mine.

It was very wrong that having Lexi tell me this didn't bother me though.

"Well, I guess I should be thanking you too then," Vanessa told me.

Oh yes, she should definitely be thanking me. She wouldn't have gotten her freak on with Tyler if it hadn't been for me.

"You should. Especially since you're my boyfriend's mistress. You should be a lot nicer to me, you homewrecker," I replied, smirking wide.

Vanessa seemed thoroughly confused as I said this.

And of course, Lexi slapped me on the arm.

"Mistress? Oooh, what have I missed?" Daphnee asked, resting her chin on Vanessa's shoulder.

"Come on Dada," Alex said to her in an exasperate voice, and she clearly was not having it, because she turned around, swigging her purse at him.

Her purse full of tomatoes.