Chapter 22- Fight to the finish

This may be one of the most painful moments in my life. Jeremie finished his multi agent programme. Franz Hopper came to visit and he and Aelita were having a moment together. You know XANA, it likes to ruin moments.

William and I decided to wait with Jeremie. "Send us in, Jeremie," I muttered. "I know how this ends." Without arguing he agreed and we both descended to the lower floor. We each stepped in a scanner. "Ready to settle the score?" I said as the scanner doors closed. I closed my eyes.

I felt myself fall to the familiar blue floor. Beside me, William was in his white original outfit, which in my opinion, did not suit him. Behind him, was the Kolossus in all it's glory and Ulrich was dangling like chandelier.

"XANA's activated a tower, but it'll be faster to use the multi agent programme," he informed. "It's created a polymorphic Spector of William. And Yumi's dealing with it."

"Alright. Got any rides for us?" William asked. A moment later, the overbike appeared. I hopped on and gestured William to follow me.

"No need." He turned into smoke and sped off, I followed in suit. I ride over to Franz Hopper, Aelita and Odd.

"Ruby!" Odd went. "Jeremie's finished his programme. We're going to sector five to launch it."

"Alright. I'm coming with you. William and Ulrich seem to have this covered." Aelita got on the overbike and I we sped off to the edge of the sector, Odd trotted along with his overboard. Jeremie called the teleported and we arrived at the arena. "Let's go!"

We ran into the main chamber, where Aelita connected the the interface. Odd and I were on the lookout as we waited. XANA sent us its final monsters a set of mantas. I threw my axe which missed as it flew toward me. It shot a dozen lasers at me, ones which I was able to mostly dodge. Mostly, I almost fell off the platform and XANA took advantage of this, as he shot me.

I stepped out of the scanner, followed by William. He said that he was shot by the remaining mantas in the ice sector. Ulrich had been devirtualised earlier, when he was crushed by the Kolossus. We went to the lab soon after Odd came.

Jeremie was sweating with anxiety and we all stared at the screen. We saw Franz Hopper and then, nothing. Aelita screamed and entered the programme. The activated tower deactivated and we watched the screen, anticipating the next moment.

Yumi and Ulrich slowly came out of the elevator and we all descended to the scanners. Aelita fell out and clung onto Jeremie, sobbing.