Chapter 15- Skidbladnir

Oh boy. Jeremie and Aelita have mostly finished the virtual ship, which we have named Melanie for the time being- because of Odd's suggestion. However, they were together in Jeremie's room at night so naturally, they got detention. Til four o'clock.

We spent the day doing nothing but trying to get Jeremie and Aelita out of detention. Apparently, younger me didn't remember how they got out of detention. At one point, Jeremie blinded Ulrich with a reflection.

We held Yumi up. "It's morse code. Hiroki and I use it to keep secrets from our parents."

"Learning morse code was on my bucket list for this life," I mentioned.

She jumped down. "SOS factory and the message ended with William."

We ran to the factory. "Yumi. Take the controls."

"What? Remember last time? Wouldn't you be better at it?"

"I have to go and help Jeremie and Aelita. Don't worry, here's the basic instructions. I handed her a piece of folded paper that was in my pocket. "This is basically it. I leave it to you."

I ran back to the Academy. I opened Ulrich and Odd's room and opened Kiwi's cupboard, knowing how Jim would react with Kiwi around. I grabbed him and ran to the library. I quietly opened the door and place Kiwi on the floor. He barked at Jim who followed him out of the library.

"What do you think you're doing here?" I heard someone say. Mr Delmas seemed angry. "Communicating with your friends? During their detention? I don't think so. We're going to have a little talk." I opened my mouth to talk before closing it again. "This isn't like you. You're a bright student with a bright future. You weren't like this last year."

"I'm sorry, Mr Delmas. It's just that... I want to enjoy breaking the rules a little. I've never had such good friends like them and everyday seems to get better and better. I just wanted to experience it. I promise I won't do it again."

The excuse seemed to fly as he let me go with no punishment. And to be honest, it wasn't an excuse. I never got to break such big rules in my previous life, as my parents were strict and I had a very antisocial life. I ran back to the factory to see that Melanie was safe.

We sat in the Hermitage, discussing names for the ship.

"Melanie's a great name," Odd argued.

"Maybe for a girl, not a ship," Yumi countered.

"If we're going to hunt XANA down on the network, it needs to pack a punch," Jeremie said. Aelita came from another room, handing him a book. "The Skidbladnir."

"I like that name," Ulrich smiled.

"Me too," Yumi agreed.

"Okay then. Our new ship will be called the Skidbladnir!"

"Skid for short!" Odd went, clearly frustrated.

"By the way, how did Jim react when he saw that you were gone?" Ulrich asked.

"Actually we haven't seen him since." We laughed. The. I remembered why they got out.

"I forgot about Kiwi!" I screamed jumping up. Odd and I ran out.