Chapter 1- XANA awakens

I sat in my usual seat at the back of the class. I observed as Yumi Ishiyama walked in and took her seat in the middle of the class. As usual, no one sat next to me. Perfect, now I can focus. I'm pretty sure I have a free period right after this. If I can sneak out, then I might be able to go to the factory. But I have to be quick. Tonight's the night Odd goes to Lyoko...

I ran around looking for someone to help me. Sissi. She was perfect. I told her that I would help her get together with Ulrich if she helped me and after some thinking and bribing she agreed. Then I took her to the factory. She was amazed and so was I.

I started a delayed virtualisation and jumped down to the scanner room. It was brightly lit in a golden shade. I stepped in one of the scanners and hoped that I had entered the right command. To my relief, the scanner doors closed.

My virtual avatar was virtualised in the mountain sector, my least favourite one. I ran to the edge of the sector and gave Sissi commands so I could get to sector 5. The plan was that I could hide my ID card and other information in Sector 5 where the warriors wouldn't discover until season 2. I hid my ID card inside some other uninteresting info that I found, knowing that I'd be safe for about a year. Then, I proceeded back to the arena and ordered Sissi to enter the code Scipio again, knowing full well that there is not materialisation code for Sector 5. Then, I ordered her to devirtualise me.

I fell out of the scanner wheezing. Now I understood why everyone but Aelita comes out like they're dying. I ascended the steps. "Thanks Sissi. I really appreciate it. Now let me tell you. Ulrich's really into the quiet and athletic type of girl. Try taking some Penkat Silat lessons from Jim, tone down a little and don't smile too wide."

Sissi seemed infuriated. Because I described Yumi who's like the polar opposite of Sissi. And I've got to admit, she didn't seem too happy. Who wouldn't be? I just indirectly told her to stop chasing Ulrich.

As she saw herself out, I turned back to the computer. I thought about what I should do next and realised that I will have no idea when a XANA attack will happen. Time for some hacking. I played IFSCL a million times, but some things aren't all that correct. So I couldn't link my laptop. What else?

I pulled out a mask from my bag and put it on. Then I tried a few things and hoped for the best. "Jeremie?" The voice asked.

"This isn't Jeremie," I replied in the deepest voice I could manage. "Find me a file to connect my laptop to the supercomputer, or I'm shutting it all down and telling the authorities." I wasn't actually going to do that. Aelita trembled on fear and I felt pretty bad but it had to be done. She pulled out the connection file and immediately got to work. I smiled under the mask. "Thank you," I said. "Now, even if Jeremie does get here, he won't know what's hit him." I placed my laptop down and pulled out a tap. "Return to the past now!" A white light was emitted from the hologram.

I found myself in bed. I jumped out. "It worked!" I screamed. I danced around a little before getting dressed and heading down.

"You look chipper this morning," my mother said. "Anything happen?"

"Nothing at all," I replied.

It had gone back to that morning so Odd had just met Ulrich, Ulrich and Yumi would have a Penkat Silat lesson together and Odd would be virtualised. I made sure to write down everything that I did, knowing that no one else would believe me. The front of the notebook read :Code Lyoko and I carried it around like some super secret government file. I was confident that people just think it was a novel.

The next day, I knew that Sissi would be attacked by the giant electro ball and that The official Lyoko warriors would be formed but I couldn't help but worry that my identity would be exposed. Me threatening Aelita wasn't such a good idea and I'm glad that I wore different clothes to school that day.