Chapter 20- Cold Sweat

We made a deal. For every time I helped them, they would have to get my data. We had one more stop. The sector 5 interface. "I got it! Jeremie! I'm sending you the data."

"Good job," I heard him in my ear. "I'm bringing you two in." I looked down and saw that my body turned into blue outlines as I felt myself being devirtualised.

I stepped out of the scanner, holding my head. "Ruby? Are you okay?" Aelita asked.

I looked up to her and smiled. "I remember everything." We went up to Jeremie. "I can't thank you enough. XANA was erasing my memories using the bug and now I remember every moment. But I still have one question. How did I not die when Lyoko was destroyed?"

"Well... we haven't figured that out yet," Aelita admitted. "But we do have a theory. XANA's replikas were based of Lyoko. We believe that you were connected to those replikas which is why you didn't."

"Alright. I get it. Have you found a new replika? I would love to accompany you."

"Yeah. We have. And we'll destroy it tonight."

"Count me in," I said. "I'm going back. Later!"

Later that night, there was clearly some tension between Ulrich and Yumi. Jeremie virtualised is to Lyoko. We ran to our pods and were transferred into our Navskids and watched as Aelita led us out of Lyoko. She then accelerated, before diving into a hub.

Outside of the replika, Aelita opened the gate and we all went in. She parked the skid next to a tower. Jeremie asked who wanted to go today and Yumi replied that she would go with Odd. Jeremie didn't question it so he teleported them. He teleported the rest of us outside.

"Whats going on with you and Yumi?" I asked Ulrich.

"Nothing," he muttered.

"Odd did something stupid and you took the blame, didn't you?" I smirked. He looked at me shocked. "I have all my memories. Every scene, episode and song is carved in my brain. I won't forget it again."

"There's an activated tower!" Jeremie said. "And this time, XANA sent William!"

"William?" Aelita echoed.

Jeremie sent the overbike and overwing. "Ruby, stay there and defend the skid.

"Roger that!" I replied. I face the other two. "See you two in a bit!" I watched as Ulrich and Aelita sped off. I mostly just sat there. "Took you long enough," I said as they came back.

"What's this?" Jeremie said, slightly shocked. "XANA's gathering energy from all of his replikas."

I felt my jaw tighten. The Kolossus. "We need to go. Today's adventure is over."

Ulrich looked above me. "It's huge..." I turned.

"Run! Go!" All three of us began sprinting but the Kolossus put its hand in front of us and devirtualised us with one fell swoop. I fell out of the scanner.

"What was that?" Aelita asked. "We've never seen anything like that before."

"XANA's deadliest monster," I responded, jaw clenched.

"Whatever it is, I bet Odd's already got a name for it."

"The Kolossus!" Odd said eagerly. "Like K.O!"

"It sure did K.O us."

"What's wrong Jeremie?" Aelita asked.

"It's just that... XANA's got too many replikas for us to destroy. At this rate, we'll spend all our lives destroying replikas. We'll have to find a way to destroy XANA for good."

"I'm sure you can do it," Aelita reassured.

"But first, we have to free William," I smiled. "You've already got some data, right? The tower?"

"They smiled at me. "Yeah. Soon, we'll be able to free William and defeat XANA for good."