Chapter 9- Ultimatum

I may have been too harsh on William and I didn't really have much time to think over my actions. Why? Because the next episode was already in motion. Principal Delmas had kidnapped me!

"Great," I muttered to myself. "I know that this is also a good episode."

Delmas had broken into my house and kidnapped me. And I assume that this is ultimatum because Yumi and Odd were also brought over to keep me company. "You too?" I asked. Yumi gave me a nod. It was freezing!!! I all slightly shivered as we silently sat there. "Talking usually makes you warm up!" I said. "I'm willing to answer any questions you may still have for me!"

"Me first!" Odd said. Delmas gave us a low growl.

"What we're you like in your previous life?" he asked, a sense of intrigue twinkling in his eyes.

"Um... Deceptive? Secretive? Reckless? There's was lot of words to describe me."

"I see that that hasn't changed," Yumi added.

I scowled a little. "I lived in America where me and my brother used to watch Code Lyoko all the time. Then we moved to England, where no one knew what it was. When I was about fifteen, I became really crazy about it. It's probably why I know so much."

"We don't want to know about Code Lyoko... we want to know about you!" Odd went. We was surprisingly chipper.

"I played violin for five years but I still sound like a beginner," I began. "I also watched a lot of anime. Drew a lot of comics. Watched lots of cartoons. Watched a lot of movies. The list could go on... how about you two?" I asked. Trying to avoid my love life.

"I have five sisters," Odd began. "And I was every bit like them, eccentric, funny and popular. The only thing I am that they weren't is being exceptionally handsome and playing the guitar."

"No kidding," Yumi said. "I like the colour black but people often consider me as goth. But I'm not. I was also born in Kyoto and I have a little brother named Hiroki. I also love Go."

"The board game?"

"Yeah! I love my Japanese heritage and I always look forward to our annual trips, unlike Hiroki."

"I wish I could live in Japan," I said. "And I really wish I could meet him. Your brother, he seems really cool."

"Yeah, right," she said with a shiver.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "Clearly she wasn't."

"Hey! XANA! I bet you're planning on keeping us alive! Or you'd have blown us away!" Odd said. "In case you didn't know, the cold could kill us too!!!"

Delmas threw his coat at us. I wrapped Yumi in it. She shuffled awkwardly as tried to call Ulrich with Delmas' phone. How sweet, she knows his number by heart.

Sadly, XANA is sharp, he immediately found the phone and destroyed it. Rats, I cursed . Delmas pointed his palm at us and zapped us with a high voltage current. Odd, Yumi and I screamed in pain.

I knew that Ulrich would bring the device to blow us electric signals, but when? I'm not too sure what it does but I was glad when the bomb flew in and knocked out Delmas.

"We need to hurry!" I screamed as soon as my voice came back. "Aelita'a going to Lyoko all by herself!" I rushed out, the others following behind me.

When we reached the factory, Jeremie had just woken up.

What now? I thought. If I stayed on Earth, I could prevent the kiss but on Lyoko, we could deactivate the tower quicker. No. I wasn't going to risk it. "I'm staying too. Delmas may be too much to handle alone.

Now... please don't kill me for hating on Sissi. She's a great character but, I ship her with William. Why? The pool incident. Their little chat was so cute. I love how they had something in common and I wish they talked more often.

The fight was intense, especially in my pyjamas. Delmas was fierce and he easily took care of both of us in a matter of seconds. We had a tactic. Whenever Ulrich was down, I would take over and vice versa. Effective for stalling.

To our great pleasure, Delmas had collapsed and Odd was on the bridge, talking to Jeremie on the phone.
"Yeah Jeremie, they're fine. You can do it."

One return to the past later, I sat in by the cafeteria. "You know Sissi is pretty cool at times," I said. "Wasn't she going to become part of the group earlier on?"

"Yeah but she betrayed us," Ulrich admitted.

"Baby steps," I said.