Chapter 21- Down to Earth

We were chilling in by the vending machines. "Jeremie shut himself in his room again. I'm beginning to get worried," Aelita informed. She got a call. "Jeremie? Where are you?"

"I'm right behind you," he said. Aelita turned around and smiled.

"Einstein making jokes?" Ulrich questioned with a laugh. "You're not possessed, are you?"

"Even XANA wouldn't be able to surprise us like this," I countered. "You seem happy. Did you find something?"

"You bet I did! I think I might have found a way to defeat XANA once and for all!" The others seemed surprised. "I've reviewed Franz Hopper's work a million times and I've created my own multi-agent programme! And I've been working on a way to bring back William."

"Then let's go save him!" I said.

"Wait? Now!" Odd retorted. "Can't we have lunch first?"

"Justice waits for no one!" I said leading the group. Jeremie virtualised us onto Lyoko and we all headed for the skid. Aelita piloted us out of Lyoko and towards the ice replika. Aelita and Odd are teleported to the real world while, Ulrich, Yumi and I stayed behind to guard the skid. William assaulted us with two mantas, which Yumi and I decided to take care of the mantas as Ulrich fought William himself. Jeremie programmed the overbike and overwing for Yumi and I and we immediately begin to hunt the mantas.

I hit the manta's back and it exploded into red glitter. Yumi did the same, destroying the manta with her fans. The Kolossus held a pretty big fight. Yumi threw her fan into the eye of XANA but it wasn't destroyed. "That's not going to work!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "It has two-" It hit me and I came wheezing out of the scanner. Yumi stepped out moments later. "It has two eyes."

We waited a minute before the scanner opened to reveal Ulrich. "I didn't' make it."

"I'm sure Odd will..."

The a scanner buzzed open and out stepped William. We all surrounded him and helped him up.

Aelita stepped out of the final scanner. "I did a pretty good job, didn't I?" William said.

We regrouped. We erased William's clone and replace him with the original William, slightly smarter and definitely not a programme.

"We may have brought back William," Jeremie started later that day, "but we've lost the skid. The only hope we've got of bearing XANA is my multi agent system. I'll get back on it tonight."

I saw William give a wave to Yumi and she waved back. Ulrich seems worried. I wonder why... wink, wink.