Chapter 18- The lake

Today, the others have a field try to go to. Yumi and I have an English test, which I am bound to fail. I sat outside when I got a call. "You can't connect to the supercomputer?" I asked. "Okay. I'll go it." I cut the call. "There's a problem with the factory."

"What about the test?"

"I'll flunk English," I shrugged. I took off. I slowly found a way to connect Jeremie's laptop remotely. T my luck, XANA activated a tower. I texted Yumi. "SOS XANA," hoping that she would come soon. Then the skid window opened up. "Huh?! The scyphozoa? In the garage? What am I supposed to do?" The map went back to the ice sector. "That's all we need, the lady killer."

The factory doors opened. "How's it going?" Yumi asked.

"Not well. XANA's attacking the skid and William and his krab friends are guarding the tower. I don't know what to do!"

"Relax. The others are probably on their way. We just need to wait. How about we take care of William while we wait?"

"Hmm... Alright." I started a delayed virtualisation into the ice sector. We plopped down on the ice. "The tower is due north." We ran to the tower. I pulled out my axe and jumped, landing on the top of the krab. Then, I hit the eye of XANA. I saw Yumi fighting the other krab. I jumped down.
I walked into the tower, hoping that my weird connection to Lyoko would allow me to deactivate it. I managed to get in but what was inside shocked me.

William. How? I grabbed me and swung me back out. Then he charged at me and thrust his sword into my stomach.

I wheezed out of the scanner. "Are you okay, Ruby?"

"Aelita? You have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice." I rushed up to the higher floor. "Go to the scanners. I'll virtualise you."

"One second. Let me take care of the skid first." I peaked over her shoulder and watched as she simultaneously activated four towers and charged the skid with them. "Okay. Now I can go."

I took her seat. "Transfer Aelita. Scanner Aelita. Virtualisation!" I directed her to the tower. After a short battle, I launched a return to the past.

Odd made me take Kiwi out on a walk with Yumi. "Come on Kiwi! We have a test to go to!" Yumi said.