Chapter 16 - Maiden voyage

I have one theory. I'm connected to Lyoko . I don't have a lot to work with. XANA barely left me any clues so I have to do all the digging. And I have to do it soon. The gang is planning on launching their digital ship today and have asked me to come along. I'm kinda excited.

Should I be worried that I'm losing my memories? No because you're not supposed o remember moments from when you were born. But... I remembered Code Lyoko enough to write a detailed summary of each episode. Because I watched it a million times in my previous life.

...

I'm weird. No surprise there. Jeremie virtualised us ladies first, then the guys and introduced the now fully completed Skidbladnir. We each stood on our own platforms. Aelita in the cockpit, Odd in the purple Navskid, Yumi in the red and Ulrich in the blue. Mine was green. He energised us. The Navskid was small but it had a good view of the bottom of the skid garage. This should be fun, I thought.

Aelita undocked from the garage and went out through the desert sector. We floated above the digital sea. "Diving in three, two, one."  I closed my eyes and waited. There was bright light and we saw a gate like structure opening.

The network was beautiful. It was a gorgeous blue colour and it looked like an underwater, upside down city. We heard Jeremie say, "well? What's it look like?"

"It's... it's beautiful. I'll give you a visual." I heard Jeremie say "wow!"

Then, Aelita rotated the skid and we got comfortable sitting rather than standing. We swam around some more. I felt like a kid who was looking at the sea for the first time. And when Jeremie told us to turn around, Aelita said that the navigation system was not working because of some bug.

"This can't be. Without a navigation system, you'll never find your way back to Lyoko. You'll be stuck, floating on the network until you use of all of the skid's power reserves," Jeremie said, a hint of worry in his voice.

"And then what?" Yumi asked.

"Once the virtual energy is exhausted, the skid will break up and you'll all end up in the digital sea for good!"

"Internal virtualisation," Aelita added.

"Should I say my prayers now or just before we lose power?" I added. No one was in a mood to laugh. "Think you can fix it?"

"To get you guys out of there, I need to debug the system. Except there's seven million codes to crack. By then you'll all be disintegrated. Unless..."

"Unless what?"

"I've got sub-programmes which might just debug it but I have to go get them from my room so I'll have to leave you guys for just a moment."

Jeremie left us in the abyss of the digital sea. We mostly floated out for a really long time, until the water red turned red. We then saw a red sphere so Aelita turned on the lights to get a better view.

"No. This isn't Lyoko," she mumbled. She immediately pulled away. Once Jeremie was back, he didn't even notice that we had engaged battle with two eel m- shark things. Aelita had released the Navskids and we got to work. He informed us that the programme was debugged and that the trial run was over.

We got back to Lyoko in one piece, and discussed the events of the day, the red sphere, the monsters, the network, everything. "Do you know what that is?" Jeremie asked.

"Probably. My journal might have something, but... I don't think I should go on these exploration mission with you guys. My mum's getting more and more aware of my antics and I'm in big trouble if she finds out that I skip class almost everyday." I lied.

And with that I detached myself from the group. I needed to find a way to debug my bugged up avatar, which was connected to Lyoko for some reason.

The only thing I could think of was the destruction of XANA.