Chapter 14- Opening Act

After staring in the hospital for forever, I was finally discharged. I was in a coma for a week so my mum was making sure I wasn't going to collapse again. As long as Lyoko is fine, I'll be fine. She was so eager to meet my friends that she invited them for dinner and I thankfully talked her out of it. We're busy enough as it is.

Today, in the school newspaper it stated that Chris from the subdigitals would be visiting. After flipping through my journal, I found that this was an episode and that at the end of it, Aelita would pass it. But I couldn't help but try to audition.

After meeting the group, I had my fair share of turn table mixing and I didn't think my work was any good so I never really mentioned it. Besides, I had enhanced my violin and singing lessons in this world. I may not have stardom but I can pretend like I do.

I lined up behind Odd, with Sissi behind me. "You're auditioning too?" he asked me. "I've never heard you DJ before!"

"This is my first time," I admitted. "I'm actually a violinist, with a little bit of knowledge on the piano. I don't think I'm any good. I don't even think he'll want to listen to it."

"Don't say that," Yumi smiled. "We'll listen to it."

"Then you'd better have earplugs," I chuckled. I don't know if she was just being nice and it honestly made me feel better. I listened to Odd's piece and was impressed. 2000s music was the best. I then went after him, mine had a few scratches that didn't sound right.

After me, Sissi went. I warned the others to cover their ears for the true masterpiece . Screeches. "You're right," Ulrich said. "That was a true masterpiece."
We laughed.

And? We sat by the vending machine. "Chris found his superstar!" Tamiya told us.

"I knew it! Fame, fortune and glory are all mine now!" Odd went.

"Forget about it," Milly said. "No one knows who it is, not even Chris." I don't remember the rest of the conversation, because I saw Aelita run off.

We tried to cheer up Odd, whilst I checked my journal. "You wouldn't happen to know who the mysterious DJ is, right?" Odd asked.

"Maybe..." I said. "Jeremie called me. "Jeremie? Okay we're on our way, right after we get Aelita."

"She's not with you?"

"She ran off after she heard that Chris was looking for the mysterious DJ... Oh. She's the DJ... Okay, we'll bring her." I cut the call.

"She must have gone to find Chris, in the principal's office."

"Let's split up. Odd and I will go get her, you two head to the factory," Ulrich suggested. We nodded and left. We saw Milly and Tamiya who claimed that they saw an unconscious Aelita being carried by Chris.

We joined up with Jeremie and went to the factory. We stopped at the interface. "Are you going to Lyoko?" he asked me.

"Depends. Did you update my outfit?" He nodded. "Then I'm going. I wanna see how William is."

Yumi and I headed for the scanners. "Virtualisation!" I fell to the familiar green floating platform. My outfit was still green but it was a body suit. From my shoulders to my arms, the fabric was a dark turquoise. I also had a harness, which held my axe. The best past was definitely the sleeveless jacker with golden studs at the collars.

I smiled sheepishly at how cool I look. Yumi and I ran over to Aelita. In the distance, I saw William, Aelita and two krabs. Yumi threw her fans at the krabs, missing. I ran toward William, unbuckling my axe and swinging it at him. "Run!" I screamed at the pinkette.

William and I kept a decent fight until he swung his sword right at me and devirtualised me. "You okay?" Odd asked. He stepped inside the scanner and got virtualised.

I used the lift to go to the upper level, only to see Chris and Jim being obliterated by a polymorphic Spector. "This is a sight," I mumbled. I charged at the clone and body tackled him.

"Renaud?" Jim asked with a startled. I got up with jump as the clone disintegrated. "You're involved as well? You'd better tell us what is going on, right now!"

"Look Jim, I would tell you but we have more pressing concerns." I pointed at the Chris clone. Jim charged at Chris, mistaking him for the clone. "That's gotta hurt." I approached Jeremie. "How's it going?"

"Not good," he said. "Yumi just got devirtualised and Ulrich's fighting with William."

"But Aelita's almost there, right?"

"She's in the tower." I sighed with relief. The supers can tab closed.

"Belpois! Renaud! I want an explaination right now!"

"I would but... I'm getting tired of explaining it to you Jim, because in five seconds you won't even remember it anyway."

"Wait, tell me who Aelita is," Chris said, sort of desperately.

"Return to the past now."

We found ourselves back outside the gym. "I finally figured out what was wrong with my demo," Odd started. "I didn't push the second break with a series of scratches. You'll see. I'll do a lot better next time." I smiled at this. "And... we better give this to Chris." He held up Aelita's demo.