Hermes could never hide the adoration he has for all his children. He loves them, each and every single one of them. No matter that Zeus forbid contact with their half-mortal kids, the messenger of the gods never knew how to follow that rule. He had to be there. And he was there when his daughter was born. He instantly felt connection with the small girl. How her small hands would grasp onto his finger, or the way her adorable black eyes would sparkle at the toys surrounding her. She was destined for great things. Hermes was sure of that. He was there when she took her first steps. He was there when she said her first word. He was there when he found out who the child's grandmother was. Violetta Wu was famous even in Olympus. Everyone knew about her. Everyone knew how she prayed to Fates that she would be the last generation of demigods in her family. And Hermes screwed that up.

It was safe to say Vivienne, Vivi, Wu never truly knew her grandmother. Her mother had always told her that there was some bad blood between them; how Violetta never accepted Vivi's father nor how she moved away from them. Vivi didn't know what to believe in. Firstly, she never knew her father. She remembers a man from her early childhood, but those memories were all blurry in the back of her mind. But the warmth that spreads though her body when she does think of those memories brings her joy. Secondly, Vivi wanted to meet her grandma. From the photos she found in one of the old photobooks, Violetta Wu was a definition of a warrior. Vivi wanted to become her grandmother; strong, beautiful and kind-hearted. She wanted to meet the Violetta Wu from her mother's story when Vivi begs her to tell her.

Her wish came true, but with a prize to pay.

Violetta was the one who hugged the small crying girl under an umbrella dressed in all black; she was the reason the girl is still alive. As she got older, Vivi learned the half-truth as to way there was bad blood between her mother and her grandmother. Amelia was telling the truth; Vivi's father was the reason as to why the mother and daughter didn't talked. But, Vivi could tell a lie when she heard one. Being raised by both Amelia Wu and Violetta Wu meant that the girl had inherited her mother and grandmother's wit, humour and determination. She'd talk back if something she thought wrong was happening and would argue with those who needed being put in their place. That part also played her father, though Vivi didn't know that at the time.

And now, as Vivi sits inside her new bedroom, unpacking boxes with her stuff in it, thoughts from the past come to haunt her. Simple, white colored room, with bed and wardrobe in it. Study desk stood on the opposite side of the bed. Few boxes sat opened on the floor, clothes scattered around white sheets of the bed, ready to be put in open wardrobe, were things surrounding her.

Moving from another state to another was something Vivi was used to. She had been living in New York before, with her mother that time, and when she turned seven her mother fell ill and the two moved to her grandparents' house in Arizona. So, you can probably tell Vivi was sick of moving from place to place. Having to make new friends all over again and then leaving them, she just didn't want to do it again.

"Need some help?" standing at the door, Violetta looked at her granddaughter as she placed two photo frames next to her bed. The pictures meant a lot to Vivi. One was of her mother, sitting on the floor holding her in her hands and teaching her how to bake chocolate chip cookies. Vivi took the other photo frame, moving her finger across the glass that separated the picture and her. It was her with a boy. She was playing with his raven hair as he sat in front of her and ate blue strawberry cake she made.

"Why did we have to move?" her voice was small, almost like a whisper. She hated changes. She was worried about making good impression, "Couldn't have we stayed at Arizona?"