Mo Xueqiong had left King Yan’s Manor. That was odd. Mo Xuetong heard that after You Yue’e became Consort Yan, she did not allow any other woman to get close to Feng Yulei. Mo Xueqiong had been disfigured after entering the manor. Mo Xuetong did not know how Mo Xueqiong gained the attention of Feng Yuxuan and what trouble she was up to.

“Is she visiting Auntie Qing now?”

“She came here to pay her respects to me first and then went to Auntie Qing’s courtyard. She still hasn’t come out yet.” Xu Yan thought for a moment before replying to Mo Xuetong.

What was Mo Xueqiong up to? Mo Xuetong knew that given Mo Xueqiong’s character, she would not come to the Mo Manor for no reason. After what happened in the past, she and their father had completely torn off any veneer of civility. Mo Xueqiong still had the cheek to come here. Either she had been forced to do it, or she wanted something! However, Mo Xuetong did not know what there was in the Mo Manor that Mo Xueqiong was after.

“Mother, you rest for now. I shall go to Qingwei Garden to take a look. If Mo Xueqiong comes over, tell her to look for me in Qingwei Garden.” Mo Xuetong paused for a moment and then said lightly as she got up.

“Alright, lie down there if you get tired. I will have the servants prepare lunch that you like. I’ll call for you at lunchtime.” Xu Yan said with a knowing smile.

No matter what Mo Xueqiong was up to, Mo Xuetong would give her a chance! However, Mo Xuetong did not want her to bring trouble to the Mo Manor. As such, she was going to get Mo Xueqiong to look for her. Xu Yan was now pregnant and Mo Xuetong must not let her be involved in all these plotting. Mo Xuetong did not say anything else to Xu Yan after bidding her farewell and led her servants to Qingwei Garden.

Qingwei Garden looked just like it did when she left. Her father had once said that she could stay there whenever she wanted to.

Everything there was just like how they were when she lived there. The room was very clean and it was obvious that someone had been cleaning it. The things in the room were all placed in their original spots and it felt like she was still living here.

Mo Xuetong settled down on the couch. Mo Lan had already made tea and brought it to her. Mo Ye gave Mo Xuetong a fan while Mo Yu went outside to tell the two nannies guarding the door to bring some snacks from the kitchen. However, before the nannies could leave, Xu Yan had already sent servants over with snacks. Mo Yu received them with thanks and brought them to the table in front of Mo Xuetong.

“My Lady, look, this is just like the past. Look at the shapes of these snacks. You were the one who made them.” Mo Yu smiled and placed the dishes of snacks on the table. The dishes were made into various flower patterns. It made the dishes seem even more tempting when paired with the light fragrance of the snacks.

“I haven’t seen these flower-shaped snacks in a long while.” Mo Xuetong nodded and picked up a snack. She placed it in her mouth and a familiar fragrance filled it. Her eyes lit up and she said to Mo Lan and the other maids standing by her side, “Not bad. It is made with lotus flower powder. It is light and fragrant. You all have a taste too.”

When they were still living in the Qin Manor, Mo Xuetong and the other maids had tried to make snacks with lotus flower powder. They were afraid that Mdm Yu might be unhappy and even begged Qin Yuxuan to pick lotus flowers. Now that she recalled that, everything seemed like a dream in the distant past that could not be captured. There was only the faint fragrance of lotus flowers by her lips.

“Is that right? Madam thought of using lotus flower powder. I only mentioned it last time and said that My Lady liked this. I didn’t expect Madam to be so thoughtful.” Mo Yu picked up a snack and bit into it with a smile.